GM 2000 Silverado clutch issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado 4.3 with 5 speed. Clutch peddle assy broke at firewall and I had to replace it.
I am not sure if air got in line or what but clutch was releasing very close to the floor at times and others much further out.
So I tried to bleed the clutch with the two person method. My clutch went from some to none. I have since bought a air bleeder and tried that route. However, the air bubbles never seem to stop and still no resistance on the peddle at all.
I do not see any leaks on the line or at res. However, the point whereline attaches to tranny does seem loose. I am not sure if it just feels that way given its type of connection or if it is loose at base where its pressed into slave.
IS there something I should try short of replacing slave (which requires removal of tranny based on what I've seen)?
If that is my only recourse, can someone point me to video or link to pulling tranny, replacing slave and probably new clutch and pressure plate since I'll be in there?

I’ve had to go through some contortions when bleeding things on my ’93. For the 4.3, you’ve likely got the NV3500 instead of NV4500. And IIRC the later models were an internal slave rather than external. So hopefully someone will chime in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom