200 Series Weight Reduction, Need advice! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think some lighter wheels, what Bjowett suggested some after market calipers and rotors. Maybe look into lighter windows/glass. Take the seats out that you don't need or will not use. Maybe scrape off the insulation. I am not sure what your end goal is. Have fun and good luck.

Better yet, forget your entire idea--sell your LC--and just buy a dune buggy. Much easier too.

BTW-- I hope you realize that most of the above ideas were posted in fun--as a joke.

If you really want your LC to feel more agile & handle better, just buy some Load Range "E" tires. Our LC handles, steers & drives much better with our new Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires (Load Range E).

Unsprung weight. Lighter forged alloy wheels.

I think some lighter wheels,

If you really want your LC to feel more agile & handle better, just buy some Load Range "E" tires. Our LC handles, steers & drives much better with our new Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires (Load Range E).

These guys are hardcore! They are already running with aircraft tires and small 16" wheels. Don't think any automotive tire will do better than what they are already using for sand!

LX570sand.jpg

A few more for major savings:

1. Remove windshield and passenger windows...replace with good pair of sunglasses and hair spray so as not to arrive to work with mussed melon.

2. Remove engine, and make it a dedicated down-hiller.

3. Remove ALL seats, and just stand with your head out the sunroof. Monster Truck drivers do it without a seat, so surely you can too...

Says the elephant in the room. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom