200 series picture thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looking truck you had dnh1 - do you mind explaining how you blacked out the door handles? The rest of the chrome I'm guessing you just used plastidip?

Simple. I replaced the handles with LC handles. Same with the window trim. Just had to get a VIN from an LC and ordered them. Back in ‘08/09 the LC door handles were colored instead of chrome. They swap right out.

upload_2018-4-18_9-21-36.png

Joined your club today! 2015 LX570, added new tires as well pics coming soon!

Here are a few more pics of my LX 570 and an explanation.

I had a 2009LX. It was very scratched, had a lot of chips, some dings, slightly damaged rear bumper and was starting to look beat down. I was going to get those fixed and instead decided to have the truck repainted after I talked the shop into a good deal.

I had already removed a lot of the chrome (door handles, window trim) a while back and replaced it with the black trim from the LC200. I had also bought OEM new rims (the style that came out with the 2013 model) and OEM taillights (same).

I went ahead and blacked out the grill, emblems, and rims. I know this look isn't for everyone, but I liked it. Looked somewhat like the Supercharged version although that wasn't what I was trying to copy or anything. Mine didn''t have any chrome at all.

Prior to blacking the ride out, I had replaced all the chrome window moldings with black ones from an LC, replaced door moldings and handles with LC, and silver roof rack painted black.

Sadly, I traded the LX in in 2015 for a RR, which I then traded in for an LX again for my wife, and took her LC.

1.JPG

2.JPG
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:
Step 1 completed... KO2's.

IMG_0581.JPG

Here are a few more pics of my LX 570 and an explanation.

I had a 2009LX. It was very scratched, had a lot of chips, some dings, slightly damaged rear bumper and was starting to look beat down. I was going to get those fixed and instead decided to have the truck repainted after I talked the shop into a good deal.

I had already removed a lot of the chrome (door handles, window trim) a while back and replaced it with the black trim from the LC200. I had also bought OEM new rims (the style that came out with the 2013 model) and OEM taillights (same).

I went ahead and blacked out the grill, emblems, and rims. I know this look isn't for everyone, but I like it so far. Looks somewhat like the Supercharged version although that wasn't what I was trying to copy or anything. Mine doesn't have any chrome at all.

Prior to blacking the ride out, I had replaced all the chrome window moldings with black ones from an LC, replaced door moldings and handles with LC, and silver roof rack painted black.

View attachment 1680256
View attachment 1680257 View attachment 1680258 View attachment 1680259 View attachment 1680260

Looks great - nice work.

Thanks. I don’t own that ride any more. I foolishly traded it on a RR supercharged which I kept about 15 months and now I’m back to an LC
Did you have issues with it?

Another guy from our Moab group last weekend posted these pics of "Ruby" on another forum:

pAq0GQksDnOhraFzb5Hb-qAO3PXj5twwcl9TJfpEX8VSALKmqLDEcs7IT2h6sJ1RM44Ku10bh7OHvs5gjYhN-OYqLAk6nrBhou61iMMMXmL9e2vkLdd6Y6CUubtmjVHSEz5N-nP25qxiJJohCSeJ_ldCjsig-mJ003PlNRONO4iZx6anaF7r5ucsIc0LWNZtyG94QympUejJGBlAIW3uK9yRnYi-9hvTNAnRKlxnIBhzMIh0blX0E257rvK0GNbkQMWBPHshg4XequmedsLqU50vLRxAQEV1ke1NwlG5gOaawjM92jk0ND8MVzOkVtKwMjRexT5pZXFeRln3jhxil-Xnv_MNAp9M26V5TrI8_kacMM82Qj_hYc3ggjXxrPT9Pz_RpO8Aa2lfmnrZA7rndbApmKVdS5G1kLUVAfyOKvMNKjn09oMlUDWevc0SwL_uCixC1xMVBCUqZb5Y4YqTKR52xH-9X656QFIloIyZ801s--ueZ0ZPhjES8VXB08XTv5mfA7TyYVU11t6hKCyWMyeZDa9fF_fsecJdrXF2S4cy8l8VnQkgmZqTHrNG26cy3er3sJTRLijUmqJ1xMGNxhnL5is6nuaVDq-IXhaL=w952-h634-no

H9_XNNR3xenR57Yj5EqfBSs-jtsWFZs7M22QGgkFsj_yBmvhIJ5pce2S8ETEHdu8EfSLa7WpjzkXEqvS7TjA7V1na7LvaBKI4lsjZ4B7K345D_txoinLQoStXJsqfAePSzvFnd-KjbC2_nRLKFaXbl_B-3aNQJrSDckS2w4aSqkFpc2muan6SIA9-6NG4XkUoBspi5d2ir96SE8WDDxwIjs3UxJSUdFhZse_bMyMt4teBk--vPj-2M31ZitRApJrqDarUkmVutX3SGkiEuNmvJmFyoYZxmNparnip9ysQGmkwqNc2WIr5p58V-Vn04d6LqcJcfGUbR1OZ71tXbo2aBV1z36vaTMjeYxs4nvFsBdbLej4CB3As04leWSicN-FgYf2hpU-5wvoPiJfnbLSKIyRjHOyS85qZybc-PkYWKvBvAPg4NQWZJdgAC7IIFFoy5DiMsscTiAf-cH2F1QDMT-op3FKK3SmGEIDmRUWkM0An__6XAF1BmZ2QgE-VKCzT96k7mnEDx8dp8ARjncLu_-yBjNBx3GIJcFJkax0kOWGn8cprRIkHuki2QkFaxsIilCj47ma2I7BgQTUMhCO6FKtDlW6Wlv76A--LAx9=w952-h634-no

Funny seeing the reactions to an LC actually being USED...

Love it.

Funny seeing the reactions to an LC actually being USED...

Love it.

One guy at work called me a "monster" for taking a beautiful truck with temp tags out on the trails in Moab :rofl: It cruises the slickrock just as well as the Starbucks parking lot (full disclosure - I actually don't drink coffee :eek:).

One guy at work called me a "monster" for taking a beautiful truck with temp tags out on the trails in Moab :rofl: It cruises the slickrock just as well as the Starbucks parking lot (full disclosure - I actually don't drink coffee :eek:).

Oh you're a monster, but that's not an LC issue... :hillbilly: hehe

Looks Good, What size KO2 did you put on the beast, and another question is what is step 2?

Just went 275/70's.

Step 2 got set in motion today with the help of Jason at Trail Tailor... Tough Dog 45mm adjustables are on the way!

First time sending the project weight reduction LC200, handled it like a boss, ICON extended travel coilovers front, total chaos UCA, rear shocks stock(very light so its enough damping, fades quickly tho).

*Front fenders broke from using up all the travel frequently.

Air.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom