200 Gobi Rack Group Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.landcruiserdc.com
Hey all

Gobi is starting a Group Buy for their 200 rack, which includes the LC and LX. In order to qualify for the savings there has to be at least 20 people to participate. If more, discount will be greater. Payment is not taken until your rack ships.

Details: stealth or ranger rack $1400. Free ladder. 1 free accessory. Free install in CO or free shipping. This is about a $400 savings from retail price. Check out their website for rack details and accessory options.

When ordering you will need to provide your mud screen name and indicate the 200 Group Buy. Lead time is 12-16 weeks unfortunately due to high volume. Could be sooner but this is what they are committing to.

Any questions please let me know and post here if in, so all can see the Group Buy total.

Hey all

Gobi is starting a Group Buy for their 200 rack, which includes the LC and LX. In order to qualify for the savings there has to be at least 20 people to participate. If more, discount will be greater. Payment is not taken until your rack ships.

Details: stealth or ranger rack $1400. Free ladder. 1 free accessory. Free install in CO or free shipping. This is about a $400 savings from retail price. Check out their website for rack details and accessory options.

When ordering you will need to provide your mud screen name and indicate the 200 Group Buy. Lead time is 12-16 weeks unfortunately due to high volume. Could be sooner but this is what they are committing to.

Any questions please let me know and post here if in, so all can see the Group Buy total.
Are they saying this rack fits the lx570? I could swear they sent me an email to the contrary. I could be in if so. I love the ladder.

Which would a roof top tent work on?

this would be awesome but it wouldn't fit in my garage :-(

What would be the pros/cons of the 2 adjustable cross bars vs 2 permanent? And does anyone know if you order 1 permanent and 1 adjustable option where the permanent bar is mounted, front or rear?

Which would a roof top tent work on?

I was out at their shop today as I have already ordered one and I was checking out the lighting options. I had a chance to crawl all over one of the stealth models on a 4Runner. This is going to be awesome for me as I want to be able to stand/sit/walk on top easily. No problem.

I understand that both would work with a RTT. There are permanent crossbars or an option for moveable crossbars. You can have one being removable/moveable or both of them. I decided to have both of them removable. The person helping me pointed out that some people who use the Gobi with a RTT get an extra pair of removable crossbars and leave them attached to the RTT. Then they use a lift in their garage to store the RTT when not in use. I have an 8' garage so if I end up with a RTT that fits I may do this. But an RTT is still a year or two down the road for me.

I went with the stealth model and 4 LED banks up front (2 spot in the middle, and a flood on each side). I am having them install/wire the lights. I also got the sun roof insert and of course the ladder. And I will likely get the shovel/ax carrier and at least one of the lockable, steel, low profile tool boxes.

I have the fixed bars and wish I had adjustable/removable instead. Specifically for mounting larger items like MaxTrax on the Gobi surface along with Yakima Sky Box on upper crossbars. The MT are too long and have to be mounted perpendicular and block the YSB. Adjustable bars would prevent this.

Granted this is an odd requirement (edge / corner case for you techies)

Also, to my knowledge, I don't believe the adjustable bars reduce overall load limit, eg roof top tents, but worth validating.

And yes, you can mix and match fixed / adjustable and are not limited to only two crossbars total.

Just perspective - I loved the Gobi on my 100........ really well made and the powdercoat was outstanding. I only went with Prinzu due to height...... but have the Gobi ladder and it's a really well executed option.

compared to a Baja it's a no-brainer - I think Gamvivti and Frontrunner/ K9 are other viable options but at this price.....

cheers

Can the ladder work with a dual swing out ARB rear bumper?

Just perspective - I loved the Gobi on my 100........ really well made and the powdercoat was outstanding. I only went with Prinzu due to height...... but have the Gobi ladder and it's a really well executed option.

compared to a Baja it's a no-brainer - I think Gamvivti and Frontrunner/ K9 are other viable options but at this price.....

cheers

I saw a silver 200 with the Gobi on it including the ladder this morning, looked really good in person. This group buy would have been tempting but I have the height limit issue also.

not sure on clearance for dual swingout......
Iphone 1.9.17 017.JPG

Side note for those anticipating a Slee rear bumper...
The Slee bumper has a ladder incorporated into the design.

I "think" in my conversation with Ben at Slee he said that it would be possible to have just a can carrier....... @sleeoffroad any insight or clarification ? if not there will be a Gobi ladder for sale once the Slee rear bumper is ready....

E

Those of you talking about height issues you must have a smaller than standard garage door? I have a 7' door and with my 3" lift, 34" tires and Thule feet/bars another 3" above the factory rack I still fit. The rack is 6" tall from roof line. So 3" taller than factory rack.

Curious how many of you participated in this? Lots of good racks out there to choose from.

Did anyone participate in the group buy? Is it still available? Does anyone know of any shops in MA or NH that could install the rack or does other modifications for 4x4's? I just found this site a month or so ago, and it seems I'm a little late to a few group buy opportunities.

Did anyone participate in the group buy? Is it still available? Does anyone know of any shops in MA or NH that could install the rack or does other modifications for 4x4's? I just found this site a month or so ago, and it seems I'm a little late to a few group buy opportunities.
This group buy is dead. No one participated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom