1VD-FTV wire harness, ecu and much more needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, new to the forum but no to toyotas. Having owned an fj80 for some years then sold that in favor of a crewmax 2010 tundra. I recently purchased a 1vd-ftv motor and trans. Unfortunately the wire harness is cut, no ecu, broken compressor housing on one of the turbos, broken oil filler neck and some other smaller items, I am on the hunt for parts. I have been reading non stop on all the electrical components needed to have this set up ready to swap into the unsuspecting victim. I have recently sent out parta requests forms to junkyards in AUS. I am posting on here because I know that I will indifinitely need help from this community. I hope that some of you may be able to help in any way you can and I thank you in advance!
Thanks
Nick

Nick, you have an exciting project, thanks for sharing it. I also considered performing this swap on my Tundra some years back, but decided against it for various reasons. One of those reasons was that some of the early 1VD engines had oil consumption issues... They were all early engines back then. Do you know what year your 1VD came from? Check out the Aussie webpage Lcool.org, they have much info on the 1VD. There are many parts sources, amayama.com has new parts.

Hey, thanks very much for the helpful info. I will check out everything you mentioned. I haven't picked out a definite victim foe this motor and trans, but like mentioned, would first like to gather all parts and info that i'll need. I am still in contact with the previous owner and will ask some questions in regards to original vehicle it came out of. I will do my best to keep posting as I make progress.
Thanks again
Nick

Perhaps you already know this, but I would assume that newer motor would have some pretty high tech security features, if anything like the gas engines, you will need a matching ecu, transponder, key, key ring (steering column), probably a few other pieces. These can be coded but in the US you may struggle to find someone to code it, probably Toyota only and I doubt the US Toyota dealers will have diesel software but they may.

As far as having the motor and no vehicle to put it in - it was just too good of a deal to pass up.

Yes all the mentioned are needed to make this possible.
I highly doubt that any dealers here in the US will be helpful in regards to coding.
God forbid I dont get the harness, there is always the standalone option.

Thanks for your input!

There's a couple of guys in AUS that could probably build you a harness. It's regularly done for 1hdfte conversions.

Search for user "thrashlux" on Lcool.org/forum. If you havent already, You'll need to sign up, follow the rules, and leave your sense of humour at the door
Also google search "Killa custom cables". I think he is also on Lcool as "killalux"

You'll possibly get more help posting in the diesel tech section

Nick, you have an exciting project, thanks for sharing it. I also considered performing this swap on my Tundra some years back, but decided against it for various reasons. One of those reasons was that some of the early 1VD engines had oil consumption issues... They were all early engines back then. Do you know what year your 1VD came from? Check out the Aussie webpage Lcool.org, they have much info on the 1VD. There are many parts sources, amayama.com has new parts.

Most LC200s are sold to soccer mums and grey nomads. They are such a torquey engine they barely get revved above idle.

Anecdotally, the rings never get bedded in properly. Cars that were driven harder bedded in rings and didn't use oil.

Thanks much for the priceless info. I will sign up to lcool and search as suggested. I appreciate your input and more and more this form is becomming ever so helpful.
Thanks
Nick

There's a fella in the 40 section who put a 2UZ and auto into his 40. Jetranger. He had to deal with all the transpondery things you will have to, but he made it seem easier than I had always thought. He's in Nevada [I think], which is a hell of a drive from NJ, but thanks to the power of the internets you might just be able to suck him dry of info.

PS. Plenty of ratty 45's on the east coast just begging for a 1VD-FTV! I'm pretty sure you'd be the first if you hurried up, there's a bloke down here putting one in a 4 door widened HJ47.

I tried the stand alone route and no luck. I contacted Ruud Visser from the Neatherlands, but because he doesnt have a file for this motor, it woukd require him to come here to the states which would cost a small fortune. I am still searching to find a complete engine and trans harness and both ecus

I tried the stand alone route and no luck. I contacted Ruud Visser from the Neatherlands, but because he doesnt have a file for this motor, it woukd require him to come here to the states which would cost a small fortune. I am still searching to find a complete engine and trans harness and both ecus

Factory harness for this motor is the better route to take in my opinion. Then factory obd should work as well, if they had that overseas? anyways please post up as you make progress on this, very interesting as these become older and more available.

Try posting in the diesel tech section, plenty of Aussies over there that may be able to assist with info on this motor. I'm yet to see a swap using the 1vd, hope you can make this happen!

Swaps have been done.
Search for build threads by "AustImages".
He put a 1vd-ft in a 105series cruiser.

He has his own Web page, plus build threads on various forums, he did some pretty decent write ups.
Probably try searching the aussie "4wd action" forum. If you can withstand the dribble, you might find some useful info.
Also search "outerlimits4x4.com" forum (if it's still online? It's a ghost of what it was)

Ok, I'm here again.
Its been awhile, have been searching tirelessly for harness, ecu, fuse box, injector drivers, and immobilizer kit.
Was able to find it all from an ebay seller in the Ukraine. Great guy to deal with, gave me a super deal on everything. As soon as I can I will line up new harness alongside old cut harness on the engine. Still now sure on which vehicle to put it into, but I'm catching on for a nice fj45 (any thoughts welcome).
Will try and post some pics soon.
Still have to source out 1 new valve cover, 1 used turbo and some other sensors. All good things take time.
I have been in contact with Jamie from australian image's. He has been extremely helpful in answering my questions. (Thanks Jamie)

Ok, I'm here again.
Its been awhile, have been searching tirelessly for harness, ecu, fuse box, injector drivers, and immobilizer kit.
Was able to find it all from an ebay seller in the Ukraine. Great guy to deal with, gave me a super deal on everything. As soon as I can I will line up new harness alongside old cut harness on the engine. Still now sure on which vehicle to put it into, but I'm catching on for a nice fj45 (any thoughts welcome).
Will try and post some pics soon.
Still have to source out 1 new valve cover, 1 used turbo and some other sensors. All good things take time.
I have been in contact with Jamie from australian image's. He has been extremely helpful in answering my questions. (Thanks Jamie)

Did this project go anywhere? Or dried up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom