1PZ Engine Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Received my big box of parts from Japan today... Everything I ordered was accounted for and packed very well - kudos to Dave Stedman.

Had to lay out everything I've received so far to take inventory against my parts list. I now have all the parts for the rebuild other than the items that depend on the machine shop dimensions (awaiting the final report from the machine shop - hopefully this week). Those items are the head gasket, crankshaft main bearings, connecting rod bearings, and pistons.

There's something about getting a box full of a pile of OEM parts that I believe is deeply satisfying for any cruiser head... I know it is for me!

1630546116389.jpeg

No it wasn’t. It’s the type of thing that I probably didn’t need but was cheap so I err’ed on the side of replacing. Probably went overboard with a few things in that respect but figure while it’s apart, might as well refresh things.

Hello,

x2.

And make sure the guy in the shop checks every tolerance and tightens every bolt to specification.

Juan

And uses the SST to set timing.

Cheers

Is someone able to confirm where the marks are on the bearing cap that indicate the main journal bore diameters, as shown in the image below from the service manual? I could not find them on the bearing cap but now that I've studied the diagram more I'm thinking that's because I was looking at the "bottom" surface of the bearing cap that is outward and they are actually on the "top" or inside surface that mates up to the block. Is this correct or did I just miss them?

1633391177495.png

It's been a slow process with the machine shop but they finally finished it up and I went over to take a look and drop off all the parts to my mechanic who will be reassembling it. Certainly looks nice... very clean work. Finally in the home stretch... just needing to get the long block reassembled and back into the truck. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here.

1635724588952.jpeg

1635724598962.jpeg

1635724607868.jpeg

1635724621682.jpeg

1635724635694.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom