1KZ-TE Turbo upgrade - 150kW 420nm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'Day; anyone interested in a safe turbo upgrade that will deliver better bottom end torque and substantially better top end power?

Gauging interest :)

I don't have my Surf anymore, but I might as well ask. Would this require tuning of the ecu to see the benefits, or would you realize gains under the ecu's 15psi cap?

would be keen as

mate how is it achieved? i would be super keen if it wouldn't make it go bang sounds excellent.

Hi, well long time no reply by me. Sorry about that, I got distracted.

My elder son just bought a 1994 Surf with 1KZ-TE and Auto. Its done 300kkm but drives nice.

We are fitting in addition to a custom vnt turbo, the following:

* 4" snorkel and custom air box on turbo side of vehicle
* 3 or 4" exhaust. Son is 17, so he thinks 4" is better.....
* Intercooler (front mount air/air)
* shift kit in trans
* CHIP (custom programmable)
* Petrol and water injection (separate systems controlled by chip)
* engine oil cooler
* full service of all diffs, transfer case etc.

Now, we expect that we will blow a head gasket well before we get to 40psi boost, but we will see how we go. After the head gasket blows, we will drop compression slightly, stud the head and fit an MLS gasket. In addition at this time we plan a custom intake plenum.

Well thats about all the mods.

Right now the car is getting sanded back and the "Forrest Green" will become the pearl blue. Bought all the 2 pak paint and other related gear yesterday :) Also need to fix a small power steering leak. All the interior has been removed and pressure cleaned. Should be a nice truck when completed. He gets his licence in september, so must be all done by then.

So..... the purpose of all of this is:

(1) test the strength of the 1KZ
(2) check the limitations of the diesel fuel injection system
(3) test the Gturbo prototype vnt turbocharger with view to finalising spec on lower power version for the normal people.
(4) have fun

What is target maximum power at wheels for this project?? 250whp at ~ 4200rpm!!

Cheers G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom