1HZ oil level sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A while back ,while preparing my HZJ75 for a 5000 klm trip to Ayes Rock,I began to get a little worried about the ticking noise in the engine.
I only had a few days ,so I found an engine rebuilder who said he could do the BEBs for me.
As it turned the BEBs were perfect ,but he put new ones on anyway(ticking is still there)

Shortly after leaving the work shop the oil level sensor light comes on:mad:
I pull over and check it but the oils full.
After that it stayed on from when ever it reached its operating temp and has been that way for 2 years.
When I got around to pulling it out I find its been broken and I remember the mechanic sheepishly asking "does everything seem ok?":rolleyes:
He also mentioned they had a hell of a time getting the oil pan off.

So I guess that is how the sensor got smashed. Dealer wants $512 here .
Luckily I bought a low klm 1HZ engine with a BEB problem and it had one on there.
Put it on today and all is well :D

Note the ,75 and 78/79 series use slightly different sensors ,the main difference is the mounting holes are not the same.
ellen walker 003 (Medium).jpg
ellen walker 004 (Medium).jpg

$512 for a sensor. That's insane. Still with the number of 4x4 wreckers in Auss, I doubt if anyone with any brains would pay that.

My main wrecker says they dont come up that often. Roodogs normally have them at half that and JAPAN4X4 can do a simlar deal

I found out that my local dealer was 10% above Toyotas recommended price:rolleyes:
He also wants $1300 for a pretimer for the glowplugs,lucky they do come up at the wreckers;)

Im wondering if the broken off bit is still in the oil pan?:frown:
Probably too big too do anything

you guys know where you can find the connector for this sensor? My connector wires just broke off flush and I can't even solder it... Toyota told me I can't order the connector alone. So I guess I need to buy it used somewhere? Just where is the question!?

Rosco, did you get rid of the ticking sound?

We once had a partially clogged fuel filter that caused the pump to tick..?

Rob

I sold the vehicle a year ago with the tick. After 6 years it had not gotten any worse and sometimes it would go away for months at a time.
It wasnt loud and a mechanic I took it to could not even hear it,I guess he had some hearing loss.
I changed my fuel filters regularly and they were never clogged.
With all the diesel vehicles here most fuel stops get new diesel every week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom