1HZ Installment Problem “Help” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
I have been helping out my brother in law with his 80 series Cruiser after he cooked the engine(blown heater Hose)and now has a major blown head gasket.
Anyway it was decided to replace his motor after he located another 1HZ motor (out of a 100 series wagon) complete with only 100,000 k/ms on it,
I have removed his old motor out of his rig and after the new motor arrived I’ve noticed some differences which are:Thicker flywheel and different aircond pulley which hopefully I can just swap over his old ones,
However what I need your help with is,
The New motor has 2 Electrical plugs on the fuel Injector Pump,the fuel cut off solenoid is a 3pin plug and the other plug is 2 pin,
The Fuel injector pump on the original motor has only got one 3 pin plug on it.
Is it possible to wire up the New Engine Injector Pump in the 80 series without swapping over injector pumps?
I don’t really want to change injector pumps because his old engine has around 500,000 K/ms clock up on it.
Hope someone can help!
Many Thanks

4C53EA7F-20B4-4A05-8558-752A37A625B1.jpeg

AFDC5F27-D728-4866-9ABC-FEF7A76786F9.jpeg

I would start with the one wire solenoid on the top of the IP.
This unit will click if energized therefore allowing fuel.
Not knowing the year of the replacement engine my guess would be just that. Maybe emissions which can be worked around.

Just looked at a brand new HZJ79 today and that plug in your picture.
ties in above to what looks like a diaphragm.

That part number on the pump,22100-1C090 is off a general spec HZJ105. But I think its entirely doable. I think those years had an extra wire for the immobiliser.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom