1HZ Glow Wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,

Trying to put a 1HZ into my HJ47 using the 2H loom.

Trying to wire up my 1HZ, the terminal in the photo, what does that connect to?

2hibf28.jpg

Can someone also double check I haven't missed any wiring to the engine? Want to remove anything I don't need from the HJ47 loom (EDIC, Glow Plug timer, Voltage Reg)

Battery -> Relay -> Push button -> Glow Plugs
Battery -> Starter motor
Battery -> Alternator
Alternator -> Charge Light, Sense Wire, Ignition
Ignition -> Fuel Pump
Ignition -> Starter Relay -> Starter motor
Oil & Temp Sensors -> Gauge Cluster

Thanks guys

I thought it senses air temp to help determine the duration of the glow plugs.

That is the resistor for the superglow system. Im thinking it should be bypassed if you are using a push button/no superglow ECU.

edit: the CPU senses temperature via a water temp sensor at another location on the same side. near the oil cooler

Two major questions:

Are you trying to use/retain the superglow system from your 47?
How much of the stock harness are you hoping to retain?

I wired a 1hz like yours (superglow) into my bj44 that also had the superglow system.. I removed the glow timer box and wired a Wilson switch from a stock circuit (I forget which right now) on the fuse block and then ran that to my reused primary glow relay. I rewired the hot side wiring to the glow relay from the battery, and then ran the switched side to the stock wire coming off of the bus bar to the plugs on the engine.

I am out of town, but will attach photos when I get back early next week.

Ask any questions and I will get back to you before I get back in town if you need something in a timely manner.

I basically removed all the glow wiring in the 47 loom and made up a new circuit with a momentary switch and relay.

Digging up an old post but are either of you 1hz owners around still I'm about to start a 1hz into a hj47 Ute over in Australia would love to have a chat regarding wiring and where to start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom