1HZ & AGM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Threads
3
Messages
21
Location
Canada
Any of you 1HZ owners boosting alternator voltage for AGM batteries? What's the best way to go about this
My EWD states the S wire is bridged directly to the B wire. I guess I could make a harness that includes a diode in series?


Curious what others have done; haven't found much online but I can't be the first

1784094395034.webp
 
I have always used AGM batteries, and never altered the standard alternator charger .
It works just fine .
Only 75 ah , but you really don’t need more if your car is standard .
 
Hello,

Keep in mind that your 70 Series can handle big truck batteries without issue.

You can replace your alternator with a higher amperage model (available from Toyota) if you want.

Just drop in the AGM and do not look back.





Juan
 
Interesting. Just looking around online seems to show you need ~14.5V to keep them happy. Mine is 2 years old. No issues so far. Little bit oversized group 31, and built a battery tray for it. But I want to keep it happy for years to cover. Sees some colder temperatures up here in Canada. Lots of people do the GM diode mod to trick the alternator into giving a bit higher voltage, but there’s no ALT-S fuse on these trucks
I’ll see if I get bored enough to try making a harness. Just need 90980-11349 and mating connector, fuse holder and the GM diode. Curious if anyone else gone down this road
 
Back
Top Bottom