1HZ 1HD-T Boost Compensator 22540-17550 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@wesintl yes, i have two in stock. PM sent

Hi. I'm also from Australia. I have a 80series 1hz fitted with a after market turbo running 8 psi Max with no compensator, every thing is mechanically good apart from fuel economy and a bit of black smoke when pushed. It has been dyno tuned and has a intercooler and I don't run it any higher than 4100 egt, on the gauge. Thinking black smoke relates to unburnt fuel which means heat so thinking one of your compensator would solve the problem, if so how many $ are they and postage to Oz. Cheers Mark

Akella, I'm going to need another boost comp for my HZJ80 project. Got any?

Akella, my buddy Galen had one in his stash. Thanks anyway!

I had a friend recently try to install a boost compensator on his 2001 HZJ73 and found that the throttle shaft was too short for the housing. @likethewheel what year is the truck you are putting this on?

93 should be OK. I did this to two engines. One was a 1991 and the last one a 1992 HZJ80.

93 should be OK. I did this to two engines. One was a 1991 and the last one a 1992 HZJ80.
Nice! Hope you’re right. Any idea if the two part numbers are I noted above are interchangeable though? I can’t find the first part number anywhere but I may have found the second one, fingers crossed….

Nice! Hope you’re right. Any idea if the two part numbers are I noted above are interchangeable though? I can’t find the first part number anywhere but I may have found the second one, fingers crossed….
Some info here: HZ/HD Boost compensator question/confusion - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/hz-hd-boost-compensator-question-confusion.1128520/

22540-17550 – most common listed for 1HZ turbo installs. Hard to find aside from one member (akella) on mud. Shows as used for 90-98 HDJ80(no 81) and 98-2002 HDJ 100.

2254017260 – 2nd most common (though not common), Listed as Boost comp and Hydraulic valve. Shows as applicable for 90-95 HDJ 80 and 81. Seen one for sale used but not many other comments on the web aside from it being a supersede from 22540-73100.

225401C180 – 1HZ with EGR, (also listed for Forklift) but listed as compensator, and boost compensator depending on the catalog. Also, has been recommended on mud, but never followed up with peoples experiences. This part number appears on the newest of models which are still mechanical injection. I believe this is what the Safari turbo install instructions is referring to showing that you swap a vacuum port plug and line to “convert” it to a boost comp rather than just altitude/EGR function.

Some info here: HZ/HD Boost compensator question/confusion - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/hz-hd-boost-compensator-question-confusion.1128520/

22540-17550 – most common listed for 1HZ turbo installs. Hard to find aside from one member (akella) on mud. Shows as used for 90-98 HDJ80(no 81) and 98-2002 HDJ 100.

2254017260 – 2nd most common (though not common), Listed as Boost comp and Hydraulic valve. Shows as applicable for 90-95 HDJ 80 and 81. Seen one for sale used but not many other comments on the web aside from it being a supersede from 22540-73100.

225401C180 – 1HZ with EGR, (also listed for Forklift) but listed as compensator, and boost compensator depending on the catalog. Also, has been recommended on mud, but never followed up with peoples experiences. This part number appears on the newest of models which are still mechanical injection. I believe this is what the Safari turbo install instructions is referring to showing that you swap a vacuum port plug and line to “convert” it to a boost comp rather than just altitude/EGR function.
Great link. Thanks for the share! 🙌

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom