1HD chugging at low rpm, medium throttle input (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, I just (finally) talked to the pump builder. He suggested starting by adding some diesel lubricant to the fuel, seeing as he replaced so many parts and everything is new and tight. I can Kinda see that as being the case, and the fuel pin perhaps is not sliding as smoothly as it could in the bore under mild boost. However, I don't really think that's the case. He also said that the K-dimension for the governor might need adjusted a bit more, to give it a little more timing. I'm going to start with some lube, as I haven't used any since I put the pump back in, and I used to put a cup or so in every other fuel up before I pulled the pump. I am also going to widen the slot a little where the pump mounts to the bracket on the engine block, so I can rotate the pump closer to the block for more timing. And lastly, he suggested turning the star wheel down some more to help boost spool up, and hopefully get a few more psi out of the turbo.

Well, I just (finally) talked to the pump builder. He suggested starting by adding some diesel lubricant to the fuel, seeing as he replaced so many parts and everything is new and tight. I can Kinda see that as being the case, and the fuel pin perhaps is not sliding as smoothly as it could in the bore under mild boost. However, I don't really think that's the case. He also said that the K-dimension for the governor might need adjusted a bit more, to give it a little more timing. I'm going to start with some lube, as I haven't used any since I put the pump back in, and I used to put a cup or so in every other fuel up before I pulled the pump. I am also going to widen the slot a little where the pump mounts to the bracket on the engine block, so I can rotate the pump closer to the block for more timing. And lastly, he suggested turning the star wheel down some more to help boost spool up, and hopefully get a few more psi out of the turbo.
Believe it or not some pump lube can make all the difference in the world.

I use “Hotshot’s Diesel extreme” in mine. But it’s a really strong additive not recommended for daily use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom