1998 FZJ75 (troopy) VIP Security system questions... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Y'all were VERY helpful with my first question, so I'm gonna throw a harder one out here--
We have a 98 troopy (as in title) and it has a Toyota VIP alarm system, but the peace corps, or one of the previous owners, has conveniently lost the remote.

Do any of y'all know how I can tell if this is a FACTORY VIP system, or PORT/Dealer installed?
Evidently the remote is different between these two, and also apparently the remote changed from black to gray FOR the 1998 model year.

FYI, this jeep was apparently bought by, or brought to, the Peace Corps in the Dominican Republic, new in 1998.

My alarm has the red light on the dash, a VIP sticker in the DS window, and the ECU must be in the dash, because I don't see it below the driver's seat, and there is no console, and it's not under the passenger seat either, unless really well hidden!

Thank you all!
Ohanlon

While I can't help you with any of that technical stuff, I will be in Punta Cana on Wednesday. It's a small (Toyota) world after all. :)
Hey Grady HJ! -- I love your signature! I am also trying to beat our teens at their own game (texting)
Punta Cana is beautiful... but far from me, relatively, on this tiny island.... You're prob'ly gonna fly, not drive the HJS, unless you have some real upgrades. Enjoy the beach!
Mike

Hey Grady HJ! -- I love your signature! I am also trying to beat our teens at their own game (texting)
Punta Cana is beautiful... but far from me, relatively, on this tiny island.... You're prob'ly gonna fly, not drive the HJS, unless you have some real upgrades. Enjoy the beach!
Mike
I'll only see the beach when I land and an hour later when I take off. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom