1997 Rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1997 landcruiser wagon and I believe that I have a cracked head. I am having my mechanic check it out. I'm looking for suggestions on things I should do while the engine is out. I thought about port and polish the heads and manifold but I see that on past forums, that it's not worth it?. It sounds like headers wont help the performance? I had the radiator explode on me 2 years ago and had it replaced. But I am thinking about getting a better/bigger one just to make sure, is that over kill? I wanna make the engine pretty. Was thinking of painting the v cover and some colored wires, stuff like that.

I have a 1997 landcruiser wagon and I believe that I have a cracked head. I am having my mechanic check it out. I'm looking for suggestions on things I should do while the engine is out. I thought about port and polish the heads and manifold but I see that on past forums, that it's not worth it?. It sounds like headers wont help the performance? I had the radiator explode on me 2 years ago and had it replaced. But I am thinking about getting a better/bigger one just to make sure, is that over kill? I wanna make the engine pretty. Was thinking of painting the v cover and some colored wires, stuff like that.

Which model and what engine?

4.5L DOHC ENGINE W/24 VALVES 4-SPEED, Where can I find the model type? I check the Toyota site and it says "1997 Land Cruiser".. VIN JT3HJ85J7V0167256

So you have an 80 series by the sounds of it. This is the 90 series sub. There is a sub forum for yours where you'll get in front of owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom