1997 LX 450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

Great site and have been lurking on reading tons of post from you all. Have been in the market for some time and think I found the truck. 1997 ( CA) LX450 with 85K original miles and original owner and he knows what he has and wants $20K for it. Is it follish to spend this kind of money on these?

Hi All,

Great site and have been lurking on reading tons of post from you all. Have been in the market for some time and think I found the truck. 1997 ( CA) LX450 with 85K original miles and original owner and he knows what he has and wants $20K for it. Is it follish to spend this kind of money on these?
Buy it. It won't last long.

Is it follish to spend this kind of money on these?
Only you can answer the question if it's foolish to spend 20 grand on a 23 year old truck.

But i will tell you this much, as time goes by the number of these trucks that are available for sale become less, and less.

So based on supply, and demand, the resale price for nice examples is only going to go one way, and that's up.

I bought my 3X locked 1994 with 101000 miles on it 5 1/2 years ago for $8500.00

At today's current rate of appreciating i wouldn't take anything less then 15 grand for my truck. YMMV

Yes..you are quite foolish to spend that kinda of money on an old SUV....now give me the owner's number so I can tell him how silly he/she is with the asking price!!.....:cool:

Only you can decide if that is foolish !

Me, I’m looking for old, cheap stuff that I can fix....but I understand not everyone has the bandwidth to do that.

What makes it more insane is that you can get an 80 beater, swap a LS V8 in, and you’ll have an incredible vehicle.....for about that much money !

Only you can decide.....

Might not be foolish, but youll have a hell of a lot more fun if you buy an $8k example and spend the other $12k on stuff you want on it.

Hi All,

that’s actually a good deal in this market.

Hi All,

The price is not unheard of. I'd be digging in to it pretty hard to make sure it's legit. Then it depends on what you want it for. If you want to garage it, it likely won't lose value. If you drive it much, it likely will. If you modify and/or wheel it, it definitely will. But, what else can you get for that kind of money? I'd bet you can't find a 4 door Rubicon with similar mileage for that price, nor any other comparable vehicle such as a Tacoma, FJC, Land Rover, etc. You don't mention condition- what's it look like? Lockers? Good condition interior and exterior with lockers- you probably already lost that deal to someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom