1996 fzj80 LS1 swap completed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes sir going to try and make it. Probably by 8

RockJock82 said:
Oh cool get me a deal in them! I use the Ls street rod amounts

I'll PM you his contact info. Great guy so I'm sure he'll work with you if you decide to make this a habit. Just tell him Chris with the 442 sent you (I grew up with his cousins in NM). I already let him know what you're up to.

RockJock, on the 6.0 conversion, what is the preferred transmission choice in your opinion? Any details?

Thanks

I like to use the 4L65e over the 4L60e as it is a little bit beefier in strength. The new 6spd is also pretty nice.. Any specific details I can fill you in on?

I like to use the 4L65e over the 4L60e as it is a little bit beefier in strength. The new 6spd is also pretty nice.. Any specific details I can fill you in on?

Is the use of a 6sp or even a 5sp auto tranny a viable option for these types of swaps?

Well the 6spd is going to cost more $ to purchase and I believe you can only run it on the gen 4 motors so it wouldn't work with the DBC motors. Could be wrong but that's what I've been told. 6spd obviously gives you more gears :) but I think the 4L60/5e is suffice...

Do they have an adaptor for the 4l80E?

Marks makes an adapter for the 4L80e but it robs too much power to spin it and the length conflicts with driveshaft so resizing would be needed.

I wouldnt worry about the power but just the drive shaft issue would make me do the 4l60.

Have a 93 and have been looking at an LS3 coversion. Did you have to do any weight adjustments for center of gravity or was it literally drop in? Since no change to TC assume the tranny fit was ajusted or ?

No changes are needed. Stock drive lines are retained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom