Trade 1993 VW Eurovan Westfalia MV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all,
I'm looking to trade one of my Westfalia's to get back into the 40 scene. I'm offering something you all can appreciate because most TLC and VW people ARE the same people. I'm not looking to get over on anybody and of course not looking to get the wrong end of the stick with this trade. I'm very familiar with both these vehicles and they are both so called cult vehicles. Let me tell you a little about my trade vehicle Westy. I haven't had her long! I bought it recently thinking my wife could drive it when we travel but long story short, she can't handle a stick! That said, this Eurovan Westy is sweet. It's made by Westfalia, NOT Winni!! ( FYI, Winni tops crack in two) it's a 1993 so it's the first year and it has the 5 cyl . These motors are good however they have a flaw. Around 130k miles give or take, they get head problems and you need to address that. GOOD NEWS is this one just got rebuilt so it's good for another 130k. It has 2k on the rebuild. The Westy runs awesome and the interior looks almost new. It has a folding table with seat facing each other and it also has a hidden fridge for your beer or soda/water. 5 speed stick , new tires, white exterior, grey interior. The typical power package A/C power windows/ locks and so on. She's ready to roll on a trip. ( think Coachella right?).
What I'm looking for.
I want a FJ40 BJ40 or even maybe the right 80. I'm not looking for any custom rods or extreme 40's. I'm planning to keep this as a moderate 40 or so. I know you guys know what your 40 is worth, this is a smart group. I'll also know what it's worth but that said it doesn't mean that if one of the vehicles is worth more then the other , a trade can't be made. There's this great equalizer you may have heard of and probably all our favorite. CASH. The value of the Eurovan is similar to a 40. It's worth more to some and less to others . Sure you can get more if you found the right buyer but waiting for that to happen can take years. My Euro Westy is worth around 11k if I really wanted to sell it to 17k for the "right buyer". I rather just find a 40 and trade because I know many of you love these Westy Vans. Let's make a deal and both walk away happy or both sad. One happy and one sad is not a good deal lol

IMG_1705.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

Where are you located? That's a sweet westi. Any pics with it popped up? Or more interior pics. I have a very sweet 71 FJ40 not sure I could let her go, but your campervan has me intrigued. Just did a week in Westport tent camping. :eek:

20161023_164445.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom