1991 RHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. Happy to be a part of this forum. I recently purchased my first 80 series. 1991 RHD. 4.0. A little over 92,000 original km (57,166 miles). Highly original specimen other than lift. Original owner put a garbage 3 inch Procomp lift. Would this vehicle be more desirable to a future potential owner if it was returned to factory height with OME suspension, or a 2” lift by OME? I will eventually need a truck, that is why I am thinking of selling in a year. I will definitely own another LC. Amazing vehicle. TIA

Steven

Unfortunately if it is a RHD 4.0 3-FE is not going to be a desirable vehicle. If it is a diesel then it would be in demand with those low miles. If it is a 3-FE and you're planning on selling I would not bother spending the money on a lift and if you find a buyer offering a good price I would get rid of it ASAP.

Unfortunately if it is a RHD 4.0 3-FE is not going to be a desirable vehicle. If it is a diesel then it would be in demand with those low miles. If it is a 3-FE and you're planning on selling I would not bother spending the money on a lift and if you find a buyer offering a good price I would get rid of it ASAP.
I appreciate the honesty. I’ve seen some of these go for crazy amounts in auctions. You don’t see too many 80 series with under 60,000 original miles with no rust. But RHD is an acquired taste

I totally agree. There is nothing less desirable than a RHD 91 FJ80. @AppalachianMan , I'll take that piece of crap off your hands for 5k, it's the best you're gonna get ;)

I totally agree. There is nothing less desirable than a RHD 91 FJ80. @AppalachianMan , I'll take that piece of crap off your hands for 5k, it's the best you're gonna get ;)

The individual didn’t know what he had. It was just one of many project vehicles for this person and they wanted something different. It’s got the original Japanese suede interior, original floor mats, road flare, center consul cooler and icemaker works, altimeter, headlight washers still spray, everything works as it should. Picked up a set of original wheels and center caps also. Just needs a new lift and brakes. I was just trying to find out if buyers prefer one already lifted or factory height. But despite the incredibly slow performance, very cool vehicle.

69535340-172A-4A11-9CB5-681A417850BE.jpeg

7C426A9E-AE6C-4643-A603-DD51B16F8402.jpeg

A29DFC70-731A-44AD-BB1E-BAF3D13C32B0.jpeg

022B231C-975F-4951-AA1F-C2E2B24646F6.jpeg

6673244B-9A16-4B33-9DD4-07A87B93394A.jpeg

FC0038E8-DDE9-4BEE-B5AD-1CE4F4DE0E46.jpeg

122BE9B5-92AE-49D0-94BC-EF71AC3D9707.jpeg

A240DB97-1E51-4EFC-ADF2-BB1D663CF30E.jpeg

I don't have any idea what you paid, but I have a feeling you will find plenty of interested buyers. 3FE trucks will have their day.

Dibs on those wheels. :D

I don't have any idea what you paid, but I have a feeling you will find plenty of interested buyers. 3FE trucks will have their day.

Serious question. Why is the 3FE just the most undesired model. because of the engine performance? If one were in premium shape, what would be the high-end market? The more I drive my slow beast, the more I like it 😁

She looks like a beauty. I'll be honest, I wouldn't trade my RHD for anything. I know I'm going to sink a lot of money into her over the years, but she's got a special place in my heart. I'd rather spend 50k making her like new than buy a new Tacoma or something. Prices are just insane these days. I did see an RHD 3FE listed on craigslist for 26k, but if he got that or not...? No idea. Is yours JDM? I've noticed the JDM models all seem to have beautiful interiors compared to the US versions. I think they just baby them there. My headliner is still super smooth and the carpet looks great. I've got some leather seat covers that are getting old, but the cloth seats underneath are perfect. Looks very similar to yours.

Thanks. I am in the process of replacing rotors and pads. From the looks of your avatar, you have a RHD also. Do you know if I can just use basic rotors and pads from the American 1991?
the US 1991 had drum brakes on the rear. That changed in 1992 I think, so the rotor pads for those will fit front and rear. The rear drum is used for parking and pads will also be the same. I would just go to NAPA and ask for 1992 brake parts for my 1991 VX-LTD. I think in 1993 the front rotors got bigger on the US 80. The brakes really suck on the pre-93 80's. Only upside is you can go with 15" rims which are great for airing down.

Last edited:
She looks like a beauty. I'll be honest, I wouldn't trade my RHD for anything. I know I'm going to sink a lot of money into her over the years, but she's got a special place in my heart. I'd rather spend 50k making her like new than buy a new Tacoma or something. Prices are just insane these days. I did see an RHD 3FE listed on craigslist for 26k, but if he got that or not...? No idea. Is yours JDM? I've noticed the JDM models all seem to have beautiful interiors compared to the US versions. I think they just baby them there. My headliner is still super smooth and the carpet looks great. I've got some leather seat covers that are getting old, but the cloth seats underneath are perfect. Looks very similar to yours.
Thanks. Yes, JDM. I’ve got 10 K budgeted for improvements. But I’m gonna be driving her all winter to go snowboarding. Will make final decision in the spring to keep or sell. But the more I drive her, the more I do respect the vehicle. I’ll post some pictures as I make improvements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom