For Sale 1987 FJ60 in NJ $1,500 OBO

I am selling my 1987 FJ60. Asking $1,500 or best offer. I have had the truck for a dozen years, and it has served me well, but I don't have much use for it anymore, so I can't justify keeping it.

It has 178K on the odometer, and I drive it every day, though it is mostly to move it to the other side of the street. It is has always been a NJ truck, and a quarter-century of salt has taken its toll. Good farm truck, trail truck, or parter.

The bad
  • The rear wheel wells and quarter panels are perforated with rust, as is passenger front door.
  • The driver side doors and front quarter are pushed in a bit from a hit and run while parked.
  • The exhaust system has leaks, has rotted through in a couple places, and the tail pipe is missing.
  • The fuel filler pipe has rusted, so anything more than half full might mean a fuel leak.
  • There might be a very small HG leak--it has been running rough recently, and the last oil change had ever-so-slight cream in the coffee look to it.
  • There is a wiring harness fault somewhere, so I have had to disconnect the battery negative cable so it won't discharge while parked.
  • Turn signals not working--probably just needs a new flasher, but I haven't ordered one.

The good
  • It runs; idles at 650-750 after warming up.
  • Frame has some surface rust, but is not rotted through anywhere.
  • Drip rails are in great shape.
  • All glass is good and crack/chip free.
  • Intact headliner.
  • Tuffy console.

If wanted, I have pristine wheel wells cut from a CA truck and an H42 transmission that could go along with the sale.

Here are some pics, I have more if you want to see them.

IMG_6794.jpg

IMG_6798.jpg

IMG_6801.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

IMG_6794.jpg

IMG_6798.jpg

IMG_6801.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

semlin

curmudgeon
is that a tinkerbell with a stars and stripes wing sticker?

Dang, I wish you were closer. I'd give $500 for it.

wondering if you would be interested in driving her up north.
exit 18 on the ny thruway. about 50 min. from Mawah nj.
i could give you a ride back to your door.

wondering if you would be interested in driving her up north.
exit 18 on the ny thruway. about 50 min. from Mawah nj.
i could give you a ride back to your door.

That might be possible. :hmm: Let me consult my calendar. If my spouse is into it, she might drive the family car up with us and make it a weekend trip, and she could drive me back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom