For Sale 1987 bj 74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JDM, R.H.Drive, 4 cylinder diesel ; 13B-Turbo w/128xxx km's ONLY! Factory cable lockers, Factory PTO winch in custom ARB Bull-Bar, Snorkel w/Pre cleaner,
Proffitt's sliders & Proffitt's custom rear swing away bumper w/HiLift mount-all POWDER COATED grey. Removable top(never off), 24 volt truck with 2 brand new Interstate Deep cycle/Marine batteries, with a 12 volt convertor for charging toys and stereo. 12 volt power outlet in front, & rear too. Ezi-Liner to lower body. Helton Outback Hot water shower system. Water connections are on front bumper and temperature is controlled by the factory interior heater's hot/cold sliding switch. Pro-installation by Cruiser-Outfitter's.
90% rust free truck! Tinted windows. IPF 70 watt 24 volt off road lights.
Old Man Emu suspension.
H55F 5 speed (factory), Proffitt's shackle reversal, axle moved 1.5 " forward, 5-35" ProComp Extreme M/T tires on 5 Dick Cepek DC-1 rims.
Awesome collectible vehicle.
Must see.
$21,500, firm
Every factory option available.( i think.)
Clear Title/registration in hand
Maintained by Proffitt's Cruisers, all records.
CURRENTLY IN BAJA SUR.
Can include 5 stock Toyota rims w/ BFG A/T's & newer, stock Toyota leaf springs.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0012.jpg

Last edited:
I heard that these vehicles have poor acceleration on the highway and have very poor performance climbing steep grades on highways. Is this true?

For sale

Yes the top comes off, and is very fun I've heard-never had it off.
It has a very torquey motor with a TURBO that helps it haul ass. I get 25 mpg even with 35" tires, I'd say who-ever told you that was wrong or talking about a different motor altogether. Turbo is so much fun!

Vacation

I am leaving to Baja tomorrow and will be gone. By the way the economy is anyway, everyone is kicking tires...
I will get back to you when I can. Could be a few weeks. Thanks

I heard that these vehicles have poor acceleration on the highway and have very poor performance climbing steep grades on highways. Is this true?

This is not a place for general performance discussions, have some respect for the OP and start your own thread or search.

Bump for a really nice LC!

Thanks!~ I am back mexico is great!

Back now. Thanks guys...
Here are some pictures as requested and I can post more if ask.

Possibly going to start an undercoating project, and maybe rebuild the boxes... price will reflect if done.

The Heat Exchanger/Helton Outback Shower Kit (red canister) controlled by stock heater temperature selector dash lever/switch. Mounted/installed by CruiserOutfitters.
IMG_0003.jpg
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0065.jpg

logistically this would prolly never work but my lv is about to get a crate v/8 in a week. otherwise its states are
- sr
- alcan 4' lift
- 87 drive train
- fj62 rear axle
- 78' fj40 db front axle
- 4 wdb
- decent sliders and rear bumber
- oba
- stockton widened OEM hub cap wheels to 16x8's
- so much to list if this interests you at all you can check out my sigline for the link to the build

but I have always been enamored with the diesel 70's
sr 111210001.JPG

i have seen this rig in Durango!! super sick! man only if i had the dough. might you be interested in a 100 series with 76k, bilstiens, lift and 33s?

70 for life! Ah your going to regret flogging that rare rig off.
I hope you can get what you want for it mike.
keep us posted.

Working on it this weekend; flushed all fluids with new- Power steering, clutch, brakes, motor, axles, transfer, tranny.
So much fun, i may raise the price, no really.

I have not read all three pages of this thread ( my attention span is rather short ) and I ask your forgiveness if this question has already been asked and answered but have you considered listed your Cruiser on Ebay Motors. There have been a couple of 70 Series listed recently both of which exceeded the reserve price. There seems to be a healthy demand for good 70 Series here in the States. Just a thought.......1978HJ45

Yeah I know. I may pull the ad and keep it; make it work for me to sleep in on the road. Truck is so sweet. Thanks.

Lets brake this down:
1st...Yes you should keep it....good ones are hard to come by.
2nd...As far as sleep goes....there are inexpensive motels everywhere.
3rd.....read the 1st item again.:)
......1978HJ45

no...you want to trade it for my oh so sweet 100 series...!!

Don't want to stand between legitimate commerce so you boys have at it. Good luck............1978HJ45

pulling ad;

Okay, Here's what I did; yesterday changed oil and filter, refilled with the usual 15w-40 Rotella T and Toyota filter, then purged power steering reservoir and refilled w/new ATF. Then drained clutch fluid and refilled with DOT3, then purged the brake system and refilled with new DOT3, changed a 24 volt relay with Toyota same part(under steering wheel-far right on block)axle lubes changed, tranny/transfer lube changed, removed 4 old bump stops, changed air filter, changed water temp. sensor and water "gage" sensor.

Today; pulled all carpet cleaned out years of crap, inspect for any signs of rust anywhere-none other than one spot I knew about size of dime, and now am cleaning and going to begin some other stuff too.

So, keeping it.

Realized what a perfect convert-able top, cable locked turboed 70 series I have, and have owned since such low miles.

Sorry for any inconvenience; if you really have to have it I can't sell it for less than $2?,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom