1986 Single Cab 4wd 22R pickup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,
First post in this forum. I'm a cruiser guy, currently dd a 1989 FJ62. I picked up an '86 4wd carburated pickup for my 13 year old. Bought it from the neighbor. $200. Hasn't run in 6-7 years. No real rats nest or bad PO wiring. Brought it home last night. Going to try and teach my boy how to wrench on this and drive a manual. Just need to get it cleaned up a bit. Bed is rusty and it's missing the front valence panel.

Not sure where to start other than to clean it completely up. Pull the carb and go through. Get the nasty gas out of the tank. (Do these tanks have drain plugs?)

Attached is a pic of an older p/u that we would like the stance to be similar to. I realize it's solid axle but just giving my boy some ideas.

Last is a pic of the cruiser. (It has more miles than the p/u does...)

James

IMG_5553.jpg

IMG_5554.jpg

IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5556.jpg

IMG_5557.jpg

Yes, they have drain plugs. You have to drop the skid plate to get access, 3 bolts at each end. While you're doing this, replace the fuel filter, it sits on top of the tank, right behind the back of the cab.

Good luck, great project, keep us posted!

I would think the fuel filter is more on the side next to the frame rail in front of the rear passenger tire.

Yup. Above the tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom