For Sale 1985 FJ60 150K All Original WA STATE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reluctantly selling my 1985 FJ60
Runs and drives awesome
150K, stock, no leaks, interior all original near mint, exterior all original as well, no touchups, washington truck, factory ac but does not work and have not diagnosed, its a damn nice truck plain and simple, call or text any questions..dont get email alerts on mud but ill check back often as i can.

Asking 17K, fly in and drive it home, 206-556-0123

IMG_3948.JPG

IMG_3953.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3960.JPG

IMG_3993.JPG

You sold me an FJ62 a few months ago on eBay for $13k. It was horribly misrepresented as "everything works". I had to spend $5000 on it to stop the transmission leaks, upgrade the non-op A/C to R-134, replace grinding wheel bearings, replace a radiator with a hole in it, patch the gaping holes in the exhaust tubes, replace the battery terminals, replace the broken shifter bushings, replace the master electrical switch on the door, and about a dozen other things... and still had a crap car. I never did figure out how to fix the check engine light coming on, because its an electrical problem not a mechanical problem.

I talked to you several times by phone, and you offered to send me a replacement drivers side mirror and comp me for all the non-op items... and you flaked out on me repeatedly. You are not to be trusted, and this is certainly not "your" car. You have sold several cars on eBay this year from Pallyup, Washington... and changed your eBay id because of the repeated amount of lousy feedback you get.

How about you man up and send me a check? You've got my phone number and address.

You sold me an FJ62 a few months ago on eBay for $13k. It was horribly misrepresented as "everything works".

I represented it to the best of my knowledge in MY posession..secondly all these old cruisers have seaps some big some small and anyone will agree on that (unless they were repaired specifically)...mechanical inspections are always welcome when i sell something...so tough luck.

Everythings sold as is on a buyer beware basis thats just how it goes..anyone interested is welcome to have it inspected PRIOR to purchasing sight unseen...

How long have you had it? If you are flipping it as you have done on others in the past just be honest about it.

Nice try, Nick. I'm not a car flipper and you know it. I called you before the eBay auction ended and told you that I have three toddlers and needed a dependable car, not a project. You assured me it needed nothing. Its ironic that the car you sold to me was also under false pretenses of "this is a one owner car". It wasn't. You're the flipper, in fact your name wasn't even on the title when I received my car.

You and everyone else can lookup all of my postings on this forum. You can see that I've asked everyone for help while struggling to get this thing going for months.

When he sold the car to me on Feb 25, 2017, his eBay handle was free-bird79 with only 3 feedbacks. Shortly after my purchase someone else flamed you with negative eBay feedback for another piece of crap that you flipped. For everyone's safety, this guy's current eBay handle is 1979t.a with only 4 feedbacks.

You're a shameless disgrace to the car hobby. I'm going to do my best raise awareness about you on every listing that you have on Craigslist, eBay and ih8mud.

torpmisunderstood my message. It was directed post: 11231254 said:
Nice try, Nick. I'm not a car flipper and you know it. I called you before the eBay auction ended and told you that I have three toddlers and needed a dependable car, not a project. You assured me it needed nothing. Its ironic that the car you sold to me was also under false pretenses of "this is a one owner car". It wasn't. You're the flipper, in fact your name wasn't even on the title when I received my car.

You and everyone else can lookup all of my postings on this forum. You can see that I've asked everyone for help while struggling to get this thing going for months.

When he sold the car to me on Feb 25, 2017, his eBay handle was free-bird79 with only 3 feedbacks. Shortly after my purchase someone else flamed you with negative eBay feedback for another piece of crap that you flipped. For everyone's safety, this guy's current eBay handle is 1979t.a with only 4 feedbacks.

You're a shameless disgrace to the car hobby. I'm going to do my best raise awareness about you on every listing that you have on Craigslist, eBay and ih8mud.
I think you misunderstood my message. It was directed to the op not you. I have seen him post several cars here and it would seem he has some history of reselling as a business rather than the expensive hobby the rest of us indulge in. Sorry if I caused any confusion

How long have you had it? If you are flipping it as you have done on others in the past just be honest about it.

A little over a month, vehicle is registered in MY name.

Nice try, Nick. I'm not a car flipper and you know it.

I never denied that but okay?..i told you it was a one FAMILY owned vehicle, you cant buy a used 88' vehicle and expect things to go wrong...i drove it plenty around town with no problems..like i said whoevers interested has all the right to have it inspected PRIOR to purchase...cant please everybody...funny..the good happy deals count...only the bad ones...

Nick, it sounds like you are at best, a car reseller who doesn't know a lick about cars. Or at worst, a dishonest, heartless, swindler, who makes a little dirty money on honest, trustworthy buyers, who don't know you. Have you really changed your ebay account because of negative feedback from multiple people? Is that how you conduct your life, by deceiving people?

I thought about bidding for this vehicle on ebay, because i will be in need of a family friendly auto in about 8 months. Thankfully you posted the sale on this forum, where i can see what people think of you. Not much. Your type make this life a little less fun. However, there are honest people out there. Maybe you will become one someday. You could gain some respect for yourself by righting who you wronged with that sale. Goodness knows you have no respect from those that know you. Reluctantly selling... After a month of ownership?

Nick, it sounds like you are at best, a car reseller who doesn't know a lick about cars. Or at worst, a dishonest, heartless, swindler, who makes a little dirty money on honest, trustworthy buyers, who don't know you. Have you really changed your ebay account because of negative feedback from multiple people? Is that how you conduct your life, by deceiving people?

I thought about bidding for this vehicle on ebay, because i will be in need of a family friendly auto in about 8 months. Thankfully you posted the sale on this forum, where i can see what people think of you. Not much. Your type make this life a little less fun. However, there are honest people out there. Maybe you will become one someday. You could gain some respect for yourself by righting who you wronged with that sale. Goodness knows you have no respect from those that know you. Reluctantly selling... After a month of ownership?

I bought it, i enjoyed it, and now im selling it, if thats a problem then move along...did i mention all buyers are welcome to inspect/view PRIOR TO ANY FINANICAL COMMITMENT? its a used vehicle...THINGS CAN GO WRONG! Ive bought plenty of things and found underlying issues the owners didnt know about, theres nothing left to say.

Nick,
We all know what an old car means - that things can go wrong. The car you sold me (pictured by my name here), has EVERYTHING WRONG, and there was no disclosure about any of it.

I called you and discussed the condition prior to the purchase. We're talking about misrepresentation and deception on a large scale, which you have to do over the phone when you sell things nationally on eBay (or anywhere for that matter). I'm not the only one, your free-bird79 has a negative feedback from someone else who had the same experience with one of your cars.

The only reason I don't sue you is because you live too far away, and I do have a solid case. The only reason I didn't give you negative feedback on eBay was because you dragged out the promise of "making it right" until the feedback window elapsed.

Everyone, please flag all of his craigslist ads as spam, and lets figure out a way to stop his sales on eBay.
Here's one that I know of:
1985 Toyota FJ60 Landcruiser

Anytime someone posts "Fly in and drive it home," you can bet it's a dealer or someone trying to make a fast sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom