1984 LHD HJ47 re-furbish (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So where are you in Latin America?
Nice truck by the way!:cheers:

Sorry, at this time I am not saying where I am at!

Finished up the front end today. New u-bolts were the last thing. Everything is torqued to spec and good to go. I do need to chop of the u-bolts and bleed the brakes more but that is it. I am very happy with it.

Dropped off the seats and door panels today at the upholstery shop. Having them done up like this,

IMG_4435.JPG

Taking it to an injection shop on Monday to have iT tuned and whatever else it needs.

Cheers

Replaced rear axle seals, was going to do the bearings too but they look fine. Cleaned up diff cover, it was painted blue! Removed all old silicone and resealed the diff. Doing brakes with new OEM pads and back end is done, wheel cylinders look almost new. Drums are being turned down. Change all fluids in the truck besides engine oil but have OEM filter so fresh engine oil and filter happening soon.

By the way this is a non-FF rear axle.

IMG_4490.JPG

IMG_4492.JPG

I did rattle can the diff cover just to keep it from surface rusting real bad.

Cheers

Drove the truck over to the injection shop today. First drive since all the work I have done. It drives way way better!!

Seats turned out pretty good too. :)

IMG_4508.JPG

Cheers

Found out the 2H in the HJ47 had 3B injector nozzles in it. Putting in brand new Toyota/Denso 2H nozzles.

Cheers

Hello,

Looking good.

"Adapt" or "use a different type that fits," instead of "replace with the same part," seems deeply ingrained in the mechanics' minds in that part of the world. However, it is a good reason to keep tinkering/repairing/restoring...

Juan

Truck looks great, very cool project! Never heard of "Goodride" tires before, as they common down there?

I don't think they are very common here. I tried to find two in the town I am in to match the fronts. Fronts being radials and rears mud tread. I was unable to find them. In the capital I am sure I could find them but I m 3hrs from the capital city here.

Cheers

I am done working on thetruck for now. Shipping it up to the USA next week and will do some more work on it up there. Expecting it to hit the states around October 1st.

Cheers

This Cruiser is now on US soil! It took awhile but early next week it will be at my buddies shop in California.

Not many HJ47 pickups in LHD on US soil. I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Cheers

This Cruiser is now on US soil! It took awhile but early next week it will be at my buddies shop in California.

Not many HJ47 pickups in LHD on US soil. I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Cheers

What is G and Company doing to it?

What is G and Company doing to it?

Inspecting for a few people interested otherwise nothing besides holding them for me until I bring them out to Idaho.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom