craigslist 1983 Toyota FJ40 - $24,000 (Bend) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
=========== NOTE - These are not mine, contact the seller via the Craigslist Ad =================

Hi!

I am selling my 1983 Toyota FJ40 manual. 1983 was the last year imported from Japan. Runs great. In great shape and has low miles. See pics. Cash only.

If interested please call or text Nate.

Thank you for looking

00G0G_gq5OZli6jRtz_0dL0io_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_6vqai74Tvupz_0dL0io_1200x900.jpg

00707_8qUs3S2KT6zz_0dL0io_1200x900.jpg

01515_iufmCBJ2Fhpz_0dL0io_1200x900.jpg

01616_kUEjkJ2lIWaz_0dL0io_1200x900.jpg

more

00p0p_bnwVyWh9e0Hz_0dN0io_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_7rVrNECkhuTz_0ox0ip_1200x900.jpg

00z0z_6SZqzAJwIkRz_0dN0io_1200x900.jpg

00505_bOsUq3NffCdz_0ox0ip_1200x900.jpg

This can’t be real 😳🍿
I talked to the seller, he's selling it for his father. Apparently the truck spent its entire life in North Dakota until the last year or so. It's been repainted but no rust. Said his phone's been ringing nonstop from that add!

I talked to the seller, he's selling it for his father. Apparently the truck spent its entire life in North Dakota until the last year or so. It's been repainted but no rust. Said his phone's been ringing nonstop from that add!
If you weren’t going to buy it, did you tell him to double the price? 😂

I assume when he said ‘83 was the last year of imports from japan, he had done some reaearch. I can’t imagine you google “1983 FJ40,” and you arrive at a $20,000 price tag.

If you weren’t going to buy it, did you tell him to double the price? 😂

I assume when he said ‘83 was the last year of imports from japan, he had done some reaearch. I can’t imagine you google “1983 FJ40,” and you arrive at a $20,000 price tag.
He said his dad had it valued by a third party for $55k recently but only wanted $24k for it because they needed it gone ASAP. I told him he was leaving a lot of money on the table.

I would be all over but I just picked up an 81 last week. Hope someone on here gets it.

This is a good deal if you’re looking for a V8. Even though it’s an 83 the engine transplant depreciated her considerably. I’d bet money that the odometer is no longer turning other than the tenths. Anytime you see 999 at the end of the odometer reading on a cruiser it’s typically stuck.

How long it’s been that way is the question. Almost looks like a spring over but I can’t tell from the pictures.

I was wondering about the V8 hurting the value. I would guess it would. As for the lift It looks a little odd. Maybe just the tires are too small? If it is spring over that can be changed but again all this hurts value. Either way not bad from what I can see. Anyone see this up close?

Your the one who bought this. I called and spoke to him about purchasing it. You just beat me to it.

Your the one who bought this. I called and spoke to him about purchasing it. You just beat me to it.
It's kind of funny how it all worked out considering I wasn't even looking for another truck.

I offered the seller money on the spot and was flexible with the fact that it would be at least a couple weeks until we could get a signed title. The seller wasn't too interested in dealing with out-of-state buyers, so that worked in my favor too.

There are no major issues at all just little details that need to be fixed. It will definitely be a long-term project and I hope to own it for a very long time, possibly forever.

It's kind of funny how it all worked out considering I wasn't even looking for another truck.

I offered the seller money on the spot and was flexible with the fact that it would be at least a couple weeks until we could get a signed title. The seller wasn't too interested in dealing with out-of-state buyers, so that worked in my favor too.

There are no major issues at all just little details that need to be fixed. It will definitely be a long-term project and I hope to own it for a very long time, possibly forever.
I know I was upset about the entire thing. I called him on the phone. Spoke to him about it. Called him back and he said you were there right now looking at it. Sorry. So the guy on the phone while you were looking at it was me. Story of my life always a bit late! If you decide to sell it down the road look me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom