SOLD 1983 Land Cruiser BJ42 LX- 5sp, 4 cyl diesel, AC, PS Rare (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FOR SALE: I'm selling my recently restored 1983 BJ42 LX. Oklahoma City, OK

Link to 160+ Detailed Photos

http://photobucket.com/1983BJ42LX

Link to 12 minute HD Video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAeZfCcrlpA

You really are looking at one of the nicest and rarest Toyota Land Cruisers in the World. Imported from Australia, it has undergone a detailed restoration. This is a true collector gem, but is able to be driven anywhere in the world. Restoration assistance was provided by one of the master restoration companies in the United States- Cruiser Corps. This truly historic vehicle is for the distinct individual who wants to own an icon in the automotive world. I am the third owner of this Land Cruiser and the father to its detailed restoration.
The BJ42LX Land Cruisers are coveted by enthusiasts and collectors and introduce even rarer and desired features. These include a fuel efficient, run forever factory diesel engine which is where the “BJ” rather than “FJ” model prefix originates. However, the LX trim offers much more upgraded features including many upgrades in appearance and styling inside and out. On the outside you have the pronounced “LX” emblems, the iconic triple intermittent windshield wipers, rear sliding windows, and front pop out window vents. On the inside it shares little with the classic FJ40 or BJ42. The LX has detailed body panels and trim that offer styling and noise reduction. All the factory seams and bolts are covered with factory trip and panels including the rear doors. Factory carpet was added for additional style, noise reduction and temperature control. A factory tachometer, two interior lights that come on when doors are opened and heavy duty sun visors are some of the exclusive features. The most notable upgrade to the LX is the exclusive zebra brown striped seating for six that allows you to take the entire family to the trail or car show.
The 1983 BJ42LX was never sold in the United States due to Diesel emissions and it had only a small production run of 3 years- From 1982 to 1984- which was end of worldwide production for the FJ40 platform. The 5-speed transmission and full floating rear axle was only offered in 1983 and 1984 and very few were configured and sold with factory Air Conditioning and Factory Power Steering. Combined, this equates to a very rare Land Cruiser with only 113,275 miles (six digit odometer, so no rollovers). It is so rare that even the leading restoration and parts companies in the US have never even seen one configured with the 5 Speed, Factory Power Steering and Factory Air Conditioning. It truly may be one of only a few to exist today.

There were only two bubbles under the paint that had to be restored under the side and rear windows. When removing the interior rear brown trim molding, there were two spots of rust on the vertical trim rails behind the moldings- each about 1 inch in length on either side. These were cut out and replaced with a donor rail parts as a part of the restoration work done by Cruiser Corps Restoration. These were blasted and painted with the rest of the body.
Additional steps have been taken to prevent any rust from attacking this rare classic including POR15 undercoating and Ziebart inside Door and Frame Sealant. See link to learn more at Ziebart dot com. http://www.ziebart.com/protection/rust_protection/

Here is a breakdown of features:
  • 4 Cylinder Factory 3B Diesel Engine (30-33 MPG)
  • Toyota Factory 5 Speed Transmission (75 MPH at 2200 RPM)
  • Factory Tachometer
  • Toyota Factory Air
  • Toyota Factory Power Steering
  • Full Floating Rear Axle
  • Sliding Rear Window
  • Pop out front glass window vents
  • Factory seating for six
  • Original Jack and Tool Kit
  • Upgrade Factory Sun Visors, Factory Clock
  • Triple Windshield Wipers
  • Original Zebra Striped Seat Brown and off white Seat Upholstery- Seats 6 with seatbelts
  • Extensive Brown and offwhite interior trim
  • Factory color 532- Yellow
  • Factory 12v Power System (not hard to work with 24v systems on most)
Specific upgrades include the following:

• New Iron Man Suspension, Springs, Nitrox Shocks and Lift
  • New Toyota Wheel and Hub Covers
  • New BFG 33x10.5x15 Mud Terrains TA with lifetime replacement warranty
  • New Headliner
  • Factory Radio- Hard to find- reconditioned including interior backlight,etc
  • All new paint inside and out.
  • Fiberglass Top Sealed on edges with fiberglass before repaint (popular modification)
  • POR undercoating
  • Ziebart Rust Preventer on all doors and door frames
  • New Front Bumper
  • New Heater Core, Heater Valve and Heater Rebuild
  • New factory match rear carpet (Brown outdoor carpet)
  • Re-dyed interior including all Vinyl Seating trim, Plastic moldings, visors, door panels. New Seating Foam and springs for Drivers seat
  • New Emblems and Factory Decals
  • All new filters, fluids and Glow Plugs
  • Interstate Battery
I am sure I have forgotten several things. Over 300 hours in restoration.

Note- Odometer is in Kilometers- 182,280 KM = 113,264 Miles. VIN number won't work in eBay due to import. All matching VIN # BJ42005463. August 1983 Production. Austrailan Compliance Tag Matching.

This vehicle listed locally and may end at any time. Serious inquiries only please. Get permission from spouse and have finances before bidding please.

Always happy to let any one come and inspect or test drive the vehicle. I am also glad to help with shipping arrangements, meet with inspector, or pick you up at the airport if you want fly in and inspect it. Near Oklahoma City, OK.- Price is $39,999.
DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0023.jpg

Last edited:
Dude said his 2 yr old bid on it and is backing out. Ha. Good.

So taking offers. PM me.

I hope that kid does not get his hands on the Pentagon's launch codes.:D

SUPER nice rig man! I hope someday I can have something like that...GLWS!

~Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

That's an awesome rig. Someone needs to buy my Bimmer so my wife can bitch about this instead!

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

bernefj60 said:
That's an awesome rig. Someone needs to buy my Bimmer so my wife can bitch about this instead!

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Thanks! Ha. Still mulling some offers that just are not quite there.

Back up for Auction- No Reserve. Got an email today from Toyota Auto Museum in Torrance- How cool would that be if Toyota bought it back! Anyway, listed today so it would end on a Sunday night. Please keep your 2 yr olds away from your eBay app on your Iphone on this one please. :)

Best of luck with the sale. My favorite color, beautiful!

Watched the vid. Absolutely stunning! Good luck with the sale!

Hope it goes to the museum. Good luck. I've not had any, so will have to let Toyota win this one.

Deal Pending this morning- to museum. Will have to pull once money received. That is just something in my eye there...grown men don't cry.

BTUMAN said:
Deal Pending this morning- to museum. Will have to pull once money received. That is just something in my eye there...grown men don't cry.

Well if you've got to sell it, you couldn't ask for a better buyer!

~Daniel

BTUMAN said:

If I'm not mistaken, and Grego sent correct pics (all stored in my personal favorite archives) , you've still a pristine 40, so dry it up, man.

Haha. I'm stoked for you. Though I know bittersweet, owning a vehicle that's museum quality and displayed is pretty cool.

Congrats.

If I'm not mistaken, and Grego sent correct pics (all stored in my personal favorite archives) , you've still a pristine 40, so dry it up, man.

Haha. I'm stoked for you. Though I know bittersweet, owning a vehicle that's museum quality and displayed is pretty cool.

Congrats.

Yes, I'm spoiled and have nothing to cry about for sure. If I had a bigger garage, I probably would have just kept it.

BTUMAN said:
Yes, I'm spoiled and have nothing to cry about for sure. If I had a bigger garage, I probably would have just kept it.

I'll offer this, then. I've plenty of room in my garage, or I can build you a larger one, if the lack of space forces a future sale.

Haha.

BTUMAN said:

Deal complete. Thanks for all the encouragement. Good news is that I will be a be able to see it again as I know where it is.

Great job with sale. Maybe the museum should buy my '85 Toyota SR5 4x4 with 5900 miles.

Rozzi said:
Great job with sale. Maybe the museum should buy my '85 Toyota SR5 4x4 with 5900 miles.

I got a few phone numbers. ;)

BTUMAN said:
Deal complete. Thanks for all the encouragement. Good news is that I will be a be able to see it again as I know where it is.

That is AWESOME...congrats on a cool sale!

~Daniel

Rozzi said:

Without pics, it doesn't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom