SOLD 1982 FJ40- VA UPDATED 4.5.20 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
ANYONE WANT NEW TOYOTA STEEL WHEELS AND HUB CAPS, I CAN DO THAT OR PUT ROLLERS ON IT AND GO.

I am thinking of selling this one out of my fleet...
Good:
runs geat, starts well and engine is quiet and smooth
H42 from FJ60 and split case
Aftermarket springs has cleared 33's
4- New BFG tires
Stock 3:70 gears open diffs
Rebuild front axle
Factory power steering
DUI dizzy
Doors and top in great shape
Newer gas tank
Newer radiator
Trollhole carb
Newer power steering box

Bad:
Body has rust and has been patched. Looks good from 15 feet. Still solid but not all steel. the areas that are darker brown have been patched. Typical rockers, quarters, rear sill and pass floor.

WINCH AND BUMPER NOT INCLUDED. I WILL RE-INSTALL STOCK BUMPER

Looking to get $11,000 Located in Richmond VA 23230

Open to trades or partial trades.
1579472760969.png

Last edited:
Are the patches metal? Or bondo? Or fiberglass or something else creative :)
I used tiger hair, fiberglass reinforced bondo on the little bit that I did. (about 4 hours of work). I think the rest is a fiberglass, bondo mixture. Not terrible but I would go back and correct it for me and put metal in it. I have a bunch of projects going right now and want to free up some cash flow to finish.

This is what I need to finish!

Price dropped again! If this does not sell in the next few weeks, the H55f is coming out as well as the LSD, maybe some other items and then it will drop in price again. I will install a H42 split case back in it and an open diff 3:70 gear third. This is a great running and driving truck, with some body work it would be a great truck, OR keep it like it is and drive and enjoy it!

I picked up the 4spd and split case this weekend. Plan is to pull the trans and rear diff next weekend. I will adjust price then. If anyone wants it with the H55f, better act quick!

depends. Should work on an H series but the input shafts differ for B series and again for HZ diesels. Countless threads on this if you search for it.

Hadn't thought of the swap until I was reading this thread. Matzells close to me, we have wheeled together. It was more of a huh wonder if it would work for mine type question. I know has a little bit of 40 experience... 2H here so it seems plausible.
I would have researched further prior to moving forward..

Hadn't thought of the swap until I was reading this thread. Matzells close to me, we have wheeled together. It was more of a huh wonder if it would work for mine type question. I know has a little bit of 40 experience... 2H here so it seems plausible.
I would have researched further prior to moving forward..

not trying be a :censor:! Just saying there’s better technical advice out there since I’m just going off memory.

Buy it, it’s worth it :flipoff2:

Sorry fellas, the H55f is going in one of my other cruisers! I was just offering it with this one before I pull it. I figured it was cheaper to use the one I have rather than buy a new one. I already have the parking brake kit for the split case so it is kind of a no brainer to put this in one of my older ones. Plan is to pull it this Saturday. Let the count down begin.

Last edited:
Updates.
H55f and 38mm split case out
H42 and 34mm split case in
Lsd out. Stock 3:70 third in rear axle
Cut out rust and patched frame

7C16CA83-AF61-4805-BAE9-F016A5ECCB32.jpeg

D758740D-94C8-4A68-9C02-6EEEAF602C52.jpeg

D74D4D0E-2F24-4BC3-9422-F6E9FA897D16.jpeg

0092A7C3-1C59-49CD-8F99-7758A9E6B3D9.jpeg

D330A4BD-602F-4695-914D-029D6713D93F.jpeg

One more pic

90F0390B-012B-42AB-A8EC-409B716A6C3E.jpeg

End of the month bump...

I have been driving this once a week. It still runs and drives great as a 4 spd.

I am heading to the Relic Run next month and can get this down there if someone wants it.

This is about ready to go on the local Craigslist with a higher asking price. Someone will end up with a "cool jeep"!

This is about ready to go on the local Craigslist with a higher asking price. Someone will end up with a "cool jeep"!

Just browsing trough the 40 for sale section as I am checking some prices while considering a local deal. Really surprised this one has not sold yet as this is a nice driver and a later year model . Good luck with the sale and list it on the Dallas Craigslist if you want your phone and inbox to blow up !

It is now on Craigslist in Richmond Va. Everyone seems to want an "fj" but not many mention a "40". I have it posted for a higher price on there. For anyone one on "mud" I will still honor a discounted price.

This thing needs to go. Make offers!

Winch, winch bumper are not on the truck anymore, the stock straight bumper is back on it. White wheels and 31" BFG's are still on it for now. Lots of interest and a few offers.

There is no back seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom