For Sale 1982 BJ42 in Missouri (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How can you not love a Diesel Land Cruiser?
We imported this beauty from a sunny, snow-free part of Italy, so it's left hand drive.
After we got it, we replaced both batteries.
It just had an oil change with a good quality Wix filter. At the same time, a new Wix fuel filter was installed and it got a double fuel system cleaning treatment. It also got a new Denso air filter.
It has a 4-speed transmission.
The odometer is in km, but it converts to 153,294 miles.
We've already gone through all the stress of getting it here 100% officially, and have a clean and clear Missouri title for it.
It's priced at $24,900 $20,000.
It's in Springfield, Missouri.
We also have a white 1981 BJ-42 soft top for sale.
Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I got distracted for awhile, but I finally got access to a lift to get some pictures of the bottom of the BJ42. I'd really love to see it go to a good home where it'll be enjoyed instead of just sitting in my garage. I'm happy to listen to any offers, and I'll do whatever I can to make something work. The frame is nice. It looks like they covered in undercoating a long time ago, which really helped to protect it.

IMG_5044.JPG
IMG_5045.JPG
IMG_5046.JPG
IMG_5054.JPG
IMG_5055.JPG

Hi Will. Yes it had a sunroof added at some point in its life.
I do kind of like having the extra light inside the cab.

We just got a cool old building on Route 66, and the darn roof is starting to leak after only 76 years.
Would anyone like to take this home for $20,000 so I can afford to fix it and stop getting dripped on? :)

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what they see here for a novice interested in this 42. Anything look unusual? All’s good, buy it if I like it?

Typical 40 body issues would be the concern. No photos of rear sill., Is repaint hiding any bondo? Looks pretty darned good though!

We relocated here (North Carolina) from Panama Central America. I shipped a 1984 HJ-47 LHD with 2H engine with us. This vehicle was restored and only had one spot of rust about the size of the end of you thumb. Some scratches were added to the vehicle in shipping (very minimal) if you are interested in a trade please PM me. My first post, I will try to figure out how to get the post. It has a clear North Carolina title....thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom