1981 HJ47 Diesel Land Cruiser Pick Up - For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1981 Toyota HJ47 Diesel Land Cruiser Pick Up

IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0179.JPG IMG_0180.JPG

Right Hand drive, VIN - HJ47006233

Currently licensed and registered in California​

This HJ47 is in wonderful shape, it has rust in the bed but overall it is very original and most importantly it’s all there and in its original un-restored condition. I will be happy to answer any questions.

This is an Aussie HJ47 Purchased two years ago from an I8MUD member from Menlo Park, CA I just never found the time to do the restoration so I’m offering it up for sale. Overall very sound running gear, runs strong, shifts smooth, brakes stop nice and straight, it’s got rebuilt injectors, oil change, front hubs, new front bumper and brackets and a 77 FJ45 bed. The bed front bulkhead needs to be replaced, and other parts of the bed have rust that needs to be addressed. The bed is the weak link otherwise this HJ is in great un-restored condition, otherwise very solid. The underside still has factory undercoating and is peeling away to reveal factory new paint. The seats are newly recovered.

A short YouTube video of the engine with startup can be found here.

This can be daily driven and just needs some cosmetics to make it a nice rare HJ47!, mileage is approx. 200km (speedo stuck at 67000km) and engine was rebuilt at some point, valves were adjusted and valve train looks very clean. I’m asking $14,000 you can call me @ 510 889-8820 ask for Craig or e-mail me @ clee@runbox.com. Currently registered in California, Clear California Pink Slip in hand – Located in Castro Valley, CA – in the East Bay, approximately 30 minutes from San Francisco.

For sale separately I also have a 5 speed Toyota transmission and a factory PTO winch with transfer case “Complete set up”. I’m asking $14,000 “OBO” for the HJ47 and will sell it as a complete package with the Tranny and PTO set up for $15,500

Tranny and PTO set up is available separate for $2500 + Shipping - I was limited to the photos I could upload, many more photos available upon request. Just let me know what you would like to see and I will post them..

Thanks for looking,

Craig

IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0179.JPG IMG_0180.JPG 2014-04-04 10.31.50.jpg 2014-04-04 10.33.19.jpg

"This is an Aussie HJ47 Purchased two years ago from an I8MUD member from Menlo Park, CA"

Sounds like Whitey had his hands on this at sometime in the past. GLWS, almost everything appears there for a good restoration.

Thanks Guys, The truck has sold and has a new home with an IH8MUD member in the San Francisco Bay Area, thanks for all your comments, I received many inquires off forum by e-mail and the group was a big help in me selling the HJ47 :)

Thanks Again,

Matt

1981 Toyota HJ47 Diesel Land Cruiser Pick Up

View attachment 885208 View attachment 885209 View attachment 885210

Right Hand drive, VIN - HJ47006233

Currently licensed and registered in California​

This HJ47 is in wonderful shape, it has rust in the bed but overall it is very original and most importantly it’s all there and in its original un-restored condition. I will be happy to answer any questions.

This is an Aussie HJ47 Purchased two years ago from an I8MUD member from Menlo Park, CA I just never found the time to do the restoration so I’m offering it up for sale. Overall very sound running gear, runs strong, shifts smooth, brakes stop nice and straight, it’s got rebuilt injectors, oil change, front hubs, new front bumper and brackets and a 77 FJ45 bed. The bed front bulkhead needs to be replaced, and other parts of the bed have rust that needs to be addressed. The bed is the weak link otherwise this HJ is in great un-restored condition, otherwise very solid. The underside still has factory undercoating and is peeling away to reveal factory new paint. The seats are newly recovered.

A short YouTube video of the engine with startup can be found here.

This can be daily driven and just needs some cosmetics to make it a nice rare HJ47!, mileage is approx. 200km (speedo stuck at 67000km) and engine was rebuilt at some point, valves were adjusted and valve train looks very clean. I’m asking $14,000 you can call me @ 510 889-8820 ask for Craig or e-mail me @ clee@runbox.com. Currently registered in California, Clear California Pink Slip in hand – Located in Castro Valley, CA – in the East Bay, approximately 30 minutes from San Francisco.

For sale separately I also have a 5 speed Toyota transmission and a factory PTO winch with transfer case “Complete set up”. I’m asking $14,000 “OBO” for the HJ47 and will sell it as a complete package with the Tranny and PTO set up for $15,500

Tranny and PTO set up is available separate for $2500 + Shipping - I was limited to the photos I could upload, many more photos available upon request. Just let me know what you would like to see and I will post them..

Thanks for looking,

Craig

View attachment 885208 View attachment 885209 View attachment 885210 View attachment 885213 View attachment 885214

If you still have the pto set up I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom