1980 FJ40 For Sale very soon in MA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The short of it.
Selling my 1980 FJ40

Color: Black
Condition: Good
Mechanically: Great with many upgrades and extras
Mileage: 160K+

Asking: $5,500+

email: bostonbigstuff@yahoo.com for pictures

The long story of it.
I am waiting on the registry of motor vehicles to send me a duplicate of my title so I will be able to sell my 1980 FJ40. Mechanically it runs great, it's undergone a series of upgrades and custom alterations including a Webber carb, Downey Headers, Custom Side Exhaust, Optima Battery, GM Power steering with a 76 Camaro Steering Box, Hella H4 Headlights, ConFerr Front Grill Guard with Hella Optix LED Lights, All the turn signal and brake lights have been upgraded with custom LED lights, Most recently I have upgraded to a 140 Amp GM Delco Alt., It has a Shackle Correction kit with ConFerr Shackles in front 2.5" and rear 3" which levels it out nicely and provides a smooth ride, it also has a 4" Pro Comp lift with TPI military wrapped suspension including poly-bushings all around and skid plates. The body is in good shape, had I kept it I would have replaced the body with an aluminum tub, there is some non-visible surface rust but no holes, even though I have wrapped the back and outer lower rocker panels with 1/4" aluminum diamond plate. I would look great with a new paint job, since the current paint job isn't too good, but effective in preventing rust from spreading. The inside of the tub was sprayed with a heavy dose of rhino liner many years ago and has been additionally covered with marine grade charcoal gray carpet. I do not have rear jump seats, the back is covered with a custom dark gray marine vinyl cover which looks good with the specter family sized bikini top (included) it also prevents stuff from flying out with the wind. In order for the Bikini top to look and fit properly the roll bar has been altered using 2 stock roll bar hoops and half a dozen 1" thick rods bolted together, it looks great but far from the security of a proper roll cage if you plan on going rock crawling. I have also a custom fabricated locking tailgate, which works well with the 71' FJ40 Hardtop, the rear hatch is held up by 2 gas charged lifters. The front bumper is a custom fabricated thick piece of galvinized angle channel iron, very sturdy. The rear tail lights also have steel surround guards. The front seats are from a 91' Saab, both are power, in Dark Grey Leather. The Dash, and door panels are both covered in black leather looking vinyl and the pull switches have all been relocated through the lower dash pad for a cleaner more modern look, the dash also has some 4" pioneer speakers custom installed, unfortunately the radio was recently stolen I had relocated it to where the pull switches were before next too the ashtray. In recent years I've spent a great deal of time working on my FJ having replaced the clutch, rebuilt the transfer gear box, and nearly all the seals and gaskets. I've owned my cruiser for over a decade now , it has just over 160K miles. It was my daily driver for several years up until last year but it's now time to let it go, and who knows I'll probably start a new project from the ground up down the road. Like many of you reading this I've poured thousands of dollars into my cruiser over the years, and the pleasure of owning , driving, and working on my cruiser is priceless. I will consider offers above $5,500 which for me is very reasonable considering what it has , it's condition, and the location. There are very few Land Cruisers up here in the Northeast. Also keep in mind that if you live in a state that has emissions restrictions this cruiser will most likely not pass since all the emissions equip were removed. I have several pictures I can send and I will try to post some as soon as possible, otherwise please feel free to email me at: bostonbigstuff@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Here are some more pictures sorry it's the best I could take with the camera on my cell phone

The roll cage alteration is very simple, however I do not recommend that anyone taking their cruiser for some off-road fun do this it's purely for asthetics and in order to make the specter familt sized bikini top fit. What I did was removed the stock hoop support arms, I then purchased an additional stock rollbar hoop, I then bolted it down into the existing 8 bolt hole 4 per side, I then measured the space between the 2 hoops, I cut 4 pieces of 1" galvinized steel electrical conduit pipe, I drilled 4, 1/2" holes through each of the 2 hoops, I ran 1/2" solid steel treaded rod through the hoop, through the conduit pipe and again through the second stock rollbar hoop, I then placed washers and lock nuts on each end, tightend them up, and then I drilled an additional 2 holes in the front stock hoop just behind the front seats and again ran 1/2" steel rod through conduit pipe all the way to the windshield where I attached a 2 bolt galvinized steel thread rod hanger to where the visors were, all of the holes drilled through both of the hoops were spread 3" apart on the bend, of which the conduit rod leading to the visor bolt holes was in the middle. It's functional and very sturdy, I would say no less than the stock roll bar in any cruiser out there. I then finished by painting the complete roll bar and covering the painted conduit with a pipe insulation foam tube. I wish I had taken some pictures before putting the hard top back on. It may sound a bit impractical and unsafe, but I'm confident it would hold up in a roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom