For Sale 1980 BJ-40, 3B engine, turbo, full roll cage, (1 Viewer)

I'm with the others. I would be tempted to pay you $15000 IF it was bone stock and had a documented history.

That said, you have a rare vehicle. the lack of heat makes it a no go for me as Utah has brutal winters.

Good luck to you, I have been trying to sell a D60 Corp 14 combo for over 6 months at $700.00 for the pair with not one call.

kz195688

SILVER Star
BTT

BTT, please. Yes, don't have maintenance records. Probably somewhere in Costa Rica someone has them. Have all receipts for everything else done when purchased from the importer. Have receipts from 4WD.com out of Canada for the 3B and H55F. Anyone interested? I'm sure the next owner will be very happy with the BJ-40 and all the extra parts. Of course, I could be wrong.;)

bugsnbikes

SILVER Star
what kind of MPG is this getting in town and on hwy??? And how is smoke on startup?? (probably the only way to assess the age/mileage/wear of the 3b at this point).

kz195688

SILVER Star
condition

Unk. miles per liter/gallon. I don't drive it around much. Blows some black smoke if it sits for a few weeks. Not bad if I start it everyday. Unfortunately, it is not my daily vehicle and I don't have the time to drive it around. Still trying to find optimal power and fuel adjustment. Sorry if I don't have the hard fast answers on vehicle. More of an hobby. Bought to work on and eventually cruise across country, hitting all the four wheeling areas. Well, I'm going across country but in my FZJ-80. :p

I've known the seller for the last 10 years and he's a solid guy who discloses everything and will be straight with the facts.

I sold him my 1981 SR-5 4wd pickup a few years ago, and I also sold him my 1966 FJ40 soon after. He sold me his built 1995 4Runner SR-5. He's a guy who will negotiate and take reasonable offers. I know, since I've had 3 transactions with him. He's a good friend too.

I was thinking about picking up this rig as it would make an awesome surf rig, as it should get 25-35 mpg depending on tires and gear ratios. I drove the truck today with the turbo and the 4 speed and it drove nice. It also has Recaro seats and multipoint seatbelts.

Why am I going to pass on this rig? Well, I want it, but I'm 6'5" and 270 lb. As such, driving this rig on multiday surf trips with 3 boys would be a little crowded. It's tough for me to work the clutch with the stock steering wheel, but I could modify it with a smaller wheel and stock seats.

I'm a wagon guy in general, but I am seriously lusting after this rig. It will make a nice addition to someone's collection to be sure.

Tank5

SILVER Star
For what it is worth I am the previous owner of this rig and if I had the money would love to buy it back. That said I do not have any money. Last I drove it with a newly installed 3B from NM to CA it drove great. I would be happy to field any questions to help KZ out if anyone has any for me. Send me a PM. I am not on here as often as I used to be so be patient I will get back to you.

KZ sorry to see it going so soon!

kz195688

SILVER Star
BTT

Tank5 and White Shark thank you. I know it will sell, just need the right buyer. May be selling the BJ without parts and accessories would be the other option. BTT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom