1980 2F de-smog specific questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where did you end up getting the plugs for the BVSV's on the thermostat housing?

Mine came with the excellent de-smog kit I bought from Jim C. (FJ40Jim, above in this thread), but you can use standard pipe plugs also.

I’m finally completing my de smog of 1981 FJ40 but have a few unanswered questions. Hoping someone can help.

Does the hard line coming out of carburetor connect to hard line on firewall that in turn connects to the Outer Vent Control Valve?

The X nipple on DS VCV that connects to Air Cleaner in all diagrams is broken. Is this a big deal?

Do I need to hunt down a new VCV or just run it? Plug it?

Lastly, probably very stupid question, there is a large diameter “vent” built into my 2F valve cover. What’s supposed to go there?

I’m finally completing my de smog of 1981 FJ40 but have a few unanswered questions. Hoping someone can help.

Does the hard line coming out of carburetor connect to hard line on firewall that in turn connects to the Outer Vent Control Valve?

Yes.

The X nipple on DS VCV that connects to Air Cleaner in all diagrams is broken. Is this a big deal?

Do I need to hunt down a new VCV or just run it? Plug it?

Not for sure which VCV this is - maybe the one that vents the charcoal cannister to the air cleaner? That exact VCV is NLA from Toyota, but you could look for a used one or use a similar one from a later car or truck. I don't think it's going to blow anything up if you don't have it.

Lastly, probably very stupid question, there is a large diameter “vent” built into my 2F valve cover. What’s supposed to go there?

Short hose form there to a matching spigot on the air cleaner, that is pointing at about 7:30 on the clock if you are sitting in the truck. 1:30 if you are standing at the front of the truck looking at the air cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom