For Sale 1979 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser Dallas, Texas USA owned by TLC mech (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1979 Toyota FJ 40 Land Cruiser. 2F Engine. 4 Speed transmission. Truck is owned by a 40 + years experienced Land Cruiser mechanic. This is a very original truck with new paint. Interior, glass even the Koito headlights are original. It has not been "restored ". For the past 20 years this truck has been garaged & barely driven. It has not been modified. This body has the outside fuel tank that was used until 1983, when Toyota stopped importing them to its U.S. dealers.

Go look at all the South American junk that all the "flippers" are trying to sell, do your homework. Then come see & drive a super nice 40.

No scams. No B/S. No texts. Call, leave your name & number. I will call you back for an appointment. Must be picked up & paid for in person in Dallas TX.

$34,500

pics are here:
1979 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser - $34500 - mikegibsonphoto

Current CL listing
1979 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser

contact Buddy at cruisershop@sbcglobal.net or call 972-896-5942 for more info.

Cheers!

My favorite color, beautiful survivor!

GLWS. Hope you don't regret selling it.......

bump with price reduction, $29,000

Ive been watching the market, gauging where my truck will fall. This one is very well priced and looks terrific.

Great looking rig!
My questions is this: why are other ones that look as good as this one going for a starting price of mid to high 40’s? Is the demand for these that high, or do the sellers know someone will come along and pay those high prices?

I had a friend in Dallas go check out this truck and he confirmed that it is in very solid original condition. Only non-original items are the exhaust which was re-routed for some reason and it was very recently painted the original color on the outside only. He said everything works as it should except for hazard lights. Engine easily cranked and transmission shifted smoothly. Owner painted it because he thought it would sell faster. Inside is all original paint. There was some minimal rust repair on sill and corner using fiberglass filler....

Hearing this, I immediately put my 74 FJ40 on the market and booked a trip to Dallas for this week to seal the deal. BUT, after another weekend cruising around in my truck...a truck i've spent countless hours (and money!) fixing/tinkering with to get it into the perfect mechanical condition...I couldn't bring myself to sell it and didn't want to be in for 70k worth of Land Cruisers. So my loss is your gain. This truck is a steal. If you do buy it, start a thread so I can keep up with what could have been! Here are some pics before the paint job.

under mat .jpg

outside front.JPG

outside side.JPG

back.JPG

floor board.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom