craigslist 1979 Seattle fj40 for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
Green
Well about 6 months ago I might have said there will be better coming, not now. There is work there, hopefully no cancer under diamond plate. Those extra doors are not cheap. At $17,500 you probably have $1500 in parts? so it's like $16,000 for 79 with a hard top. Dash looks good too for most part. It will sell.

Well about 6 months ago I might have said there will be better coming, not now. There is work there, hopefully no cancer under diamond plate. Those extra doors are not cheap. At $17,500 you probably have $1500 in parts? so it's like $16,000 for 79 with a hard top. Dash looks good too for most part. It will sell.
Yes I was thinking at that price point seems decent
I sent the seller an email
Let’s see what the come back with...

Those replacement panels are not cheap either, I wonder if the inside shows cancer? If I was going to buy remotely, I'd tell him I have a wire transfer with his name on it but I need more pics from inside all around. And under side to see how bad the rot is back there. Jump seats look good. rubber floor mats nice, the tan doors look like rot free on bottom but maybe better pics on those, seats are great.. I bet those were redone. The more I look at it, I like it. I think that's door weatherstripping in boxes too.

Those replacement panels are not cheap either, I wonder if the inside shows cancer? If I was going to buy remotely, I'd tell him I have a wire transfer with his name on it but I need more pics from inside all around. And under side to see how bad the rot is back there. Jump seats look good. rubber floor mats nice, the tan doors look like rot free on bottom but maybe better pics on those, seats are great.. I bet those were redone. The more I look at it, I like it. I think that's door weatherstripping in boxes too.
Yes there is a lot of good aspects to it for this price point
If I see correctly in the photos there are two oem front mats also...

With those extra included quarters, I am guessing that there is some rust under the diamond plate. Also what is up with the rear door? Is that a 1979 thing?

This is only about 20 minutes north of me. :hmm:

Looks like a fair deal. That is a lot of parts too. 1k less and I’d feel like we both did well. You get a solid rig with parts and fun projecting, and they get rid of it all and hopefully have a couple extra bucks in their pocket for storing it all :)

I guess it depends on where you live. I went within a few months to see a similar year here in northern VA that ran but would need a new tub due to rust and the guy was firm 14k. I passed but it didn't last long after I went to see it. Id say with parts you are close to a decent deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom