For Sale 1979 BJ41 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

time to part with my 79 BJ41..... ive had her for about 6 years...i have way too much going on and need to part with something, the driveway and the weekends are just too full. no real time to do what i want with her so hopefully i can find someone to pick up where ive left off. i havent driven her much in the past 8 months...work is very busy..another project motorcycle out back, an old mercedes diesel in the driveway and a 53 VW oval window at my parents. so on this side,you can see a round cover on the apron that i bolted on..that was a hole from the p.o. with a snorkel. also notice the sunroof cut into the top..not by me. a few hard bubbles under the crotch cooler as well.
20161024_151020.jpg

excuse the tight areas i chose to take the pictures in..this has been my work spot for years until i extended the flower beds..its dry and level and the sun comes over here late. so anyway....what ive done the 41 in the last 6 years....
-5 new wheels from CCOT....5 new BF Goodrich KO's..5 new hubcaps from the toyota dealer
-set of toyota bumpers for the rear
-new keyed lock for the rear doors
-cibie h4 conversion headlights..osram h4 truckstar bulbs. all new toyota [stanley i beleive] bulbs from toyota..including all dash..tailights..running lights and signals front and rear.
-new toyota fan belt..new coolant hoses from SOR...used intake from SOR.
-replaced heater rubber hoses..diesel primer hand pump with a new Denso unit. new glow plugs..k&n air filter. new drain cock for block and radiator..new clutch slave and line from toyota. all parts are toyota mostly when available.
20161024_151053.jpg

far left side of the hood..little rust spot the size of a dime...wipers work and the washer nozzle is new Toyota but isnt great. the side mirrors need replacing as they are starting to dry rot around the edges..the passenger mirror is the worst...its chipped around the edges and it will fall out.
20161024_151137 (1).jpg

20161024_151210.jpg

excuse the dogwood..like i said this is my spot to work..my neighborhood is pretty tight in space. rain gutter has a few rusty areas to it. notice the mirror is missing..its laying in the passenger seat.
20161024_145809.jpg
now the rear is the worst with rust.

20161024_145802.jpg
right hand side..this is my worst spot.
20161024_175109 (1).jpg
looks horrible up close..but it isnt too bad..that spot to the right is starting to chip. hitch was on there when i got it..it has wiring harness tucked underneath but no idea if it works. the license plate lights..i didnt replace..those aretough to find..but they work.
20161024_151004.jpg
a little cracking on the tub corners..id say filler around those rolled edges. a touch of rust on the gutter edges.
20161024_150205.jpg
another shot below the driver side crotch cooler
20161024_150159 (2).jpg
another shot of where the snorkel came through on the apron

underside of doors..at least these are pretty solid. ive kept her clean and open her doors after a rain
20161024_150004.jpg
20161024_150224.jpg
20161024_145940.jpg
20161024_145918 (1).jpg

two more areas on the body..a little bit of hard bubbles on the cowl and i had to put a piece of tape over a hole someone made..its clean..it almost looks factory...the rubber piece where the windshield would rest down on the hood fell off..oops.
20161024_150336.jpg

20161024_150328.jpg

sorry..thats two pics than ran together...so on the passenger side running board..holes drilled..maybe for a jack or whatever.

20161024_150232.jpg

the dash..its missing..that was on my to do list..the seats..i have no clue what these came out of..but they work well..seatbelts work well too. heat..defrost..all work. interior light not working..i took it off and its missing the wiring from the body.. instrument lights work...fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge work..but the temp gauge burned out on me..it was burned out when i got it..so i replaced it and it stopped working about two years ago...so the temp and fuel gauge are new...and a new dropper resistor behind the instrument cluster..so is the sending unit in the tank. it doesnt over heat or get hot...it just has moody gauges. the amp gauge doesnt move..so im not sure if that works or its stuck. the batterys are new anyway... two horns..high pitch..low pitch..only one works though.
20161024_150015.jpg
cheap spray on bed liner..i didnt do this...it covers the entire floor. on my to do list...scrape
20161024_150043.jpg
a cut dash!!! it had a crap radio in it..i took it out and threw it away..i tried to cover this as well as possible..bought the radio delete plate here on MUD and i took a sticker over a piece of sticky gasket and covered the rest.
20161024_150100.jpg
the plate needs to be taped on or reglued..itll come off with the first bump
20161024_150735.jpg
pep boy special sunroof..what a shame..it does leak..the few times ive been caught in the rain. not a ton..but it does leak. the weather stripping around the doors and windows need to be redone or the doors need to be readjusted..they have gaps that will allow water in as well.

oh..im asking $18000.00 or best offer..sorry..i got tied up downloading and uploading..i was going to save that for the end..but this is a long ad..sorry guys

20161024_150249.jpg
up in both wheel wells
20161024_150351.jpg
and a few shots underneath
20161024_150417.jpg
20161024_150449.jpg
just a few shots to show how solid it is..its a good base point to start something good from

20161024_171857.jpg
newer napa batterys...about 3 or so years old..i made sure the dates were very close to each other. coolant hoses and bypass and heater hoses all newer. i didnt like the way the throttle cable is digging into my hose..so i put a rubber piece around it and a piece of electrical tape on the coolant hose til i found that missing part that holds the cable out of place. newer spin on fuel filter and added a small primary see thru filter as well. newer toyota fan belt. 2B sticker on top of valve cover gasket..valves were adjust about 4 years ago.
20161024_171904.jpg
used intake from SOR had to fashion the two holders that attach to the body myself..those are hard to find.
20161024_171907.jpg
the top to the master cylinder fluid fill is broken..itll stay put but i taped it down so it wouldnt go all over the place. wasnt too sure which part to order since this doesnt look year and model correct to me...i didnt want to keep ordering and getting the wrong part after part..so i taped it in the mean time. thats water on top of the air cleaner..i gave her a bath a earlier.

20161024_192626.jpg
instrument cluster showing the temp gauge is dead...the fuel and temp work together on this so i dont understand why one works and the other does not..but like i said..both gauges are new and i havent had time to take it all down again and see whats wrong. the wires on the gauges are super thin..so maybe one baked in half? the odometer is stuck..common on these..you can see how out of place the '190' is on it. so as far as the km's that are on it?..i wont even estimate or guess. but it runs strong as hell..doesnt smoke and starts right up when its cold out...i drove it to work and back down the highway and around town on the weekends..its my grocery getter..never driven in snow or off road
- the oil pressure is shown here when its about 65 out..itll go down a bit when its hot out, at idle. about the quarter or so mark.
20161024_192510.jpg
cibies and osram lights..the best combination i could find.
20161024_192547.jpg
all the fluids have been replaced a few years back and a bypass hose installed with a recipe from MUD that connects the tranny and transfer case. oil change about every 4 or 5 months..Rotella 15-40 only...bosch or toyota filters.
-asking $18000.00
-id suggest coming by and checking it out for yourself or send someone over..im not the land cruiser guru..ive never touched one or been around one until i bought this one.
-comes with a complete set of factory service manuals i got from SOR..engine..body..chassis..electrical.
-shipping...no 18 wheelers can stop around here in certain areas. and i know the drivers schedule are nuts..ive shipped before..id suggest a personal small car hauler to come by and pick it up early morning or late night..my work schedule is long too,,im off for around two weeks oct.24 thru nov.9th or so..then its nutty time for me being here. thanks for looking at my ad....

thanks man...it sucks i dont have a garage..id have this busted down in pieces and totally redone. but i dont want to do it if i cant do it right. body work and rust needs a professional with space and the right tools.

BJ41 is diesel right hand drive and 24volt electric system... a jdm vehicle...for use in japan and australia. same body as the fj40 bj40 and 42..uses the same parts. fj43 I believe has a slightly longer tub...usually a canvas top over it. bj=diesel...fj=gasoline.

BJ40 = B engine, BJ41 = 2B engine (japan only), BJ42 = 3B engine. all of these share the same wheel base and body styling as a FJ40. Any land cruiser diesel destined for Japan or Canada will be 24V
FJ43 is longer than an FJ40 but shorter than a troopy
BJ44 is same length as FJ43 but with a 2B engine
BJ45 is a Troopy with a 3B (might have a B engine also but never seen one)
BJ46 is same length as FJ43 but with a 3B engine

Sorry for the late reply..just been super busy lately...mud usually sends me an email when someone replys..not this time.
Anyway..not looking to trade..just looking to scale back on all my cars..and create some space. ..and free up time..So I'm looking for a reasonable cash offer really. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom