1979 BJ40 RHD Diesel + extras

Discussion in 'FJ40 | BJ40' started by recyclingthepast, Feb 15, 2009.

1. recyclingthepast

recyclingthepast

Up for sale is a 1978 BJ40 Right had Drive that i imported from Australia. This is also listed on ebay- for 5500 buy it now- and for sale locally- I have a ton of other photos in a link below- bj40 pictures by recycling_photos - Photobucket I bought the truck to make into a veggie bio truck for our recycling and architectural salvage co. I have not done the conversion for the veggie, but have been working on little things as i go- Now i just do not have time to work on the truck- so it is time for someone else to enjoy this rig- - the guy who i got it from had just put on a new suspension- donaldson shocks and king springs- Some of the work i have done alternator rebuilt by a co. called AMPCO here in nj- replaced the thermostat, fluid, gasket, hoses, got an extra radiator, new steering damper, as well as a pair of rear jump seats for the rig. Also i bought another truck in Australia when i was there and parted it out- we kept the transfer case and transmission- it has a PTO as well! This is included in the price- All the extra bits are well over 1.5k extra- Here is what i know about the truck and what i was planning to do- After a turn of the glowplugs even on the coldest days it fires rite up- smokes alittle on colder days and goes away- all of these older diesels smoke alittle- The steering will need to be worked on- not bad just alittle sloppy but- very simple and not too much to do- get new drag link, tie-rods, and center arm relay- i just did it on another rig- not hard at all- i was planning on rebuilding the extra t-case an tranny- since there is one out already- this way you can still drive the rig and when its done just drop it in and now you even got a PTO box- its easy that it is already out- kits for those are around 3-400 total depending upon who you get them from- once rebuilt its an easy drop in- while i was doing that i would do the clutch- it works but will need to be redone at some point- There is rust to deal with on the body but the frame is in great shape- all parts can be bought after market or do the body work your self- I have done my best to describe what i know and what i would do- i felt like i got mis-lead my first time buying a cruiser- so please ask any questions you may have- email recycling@comcast.net at any time- Come by and take alook or send a friend- this is a great rig and with alittle bit more work will look great and run for along time- We have tons of photos on this link - see another 40+ pictures of the truck bj40 pictures by recycling_photos - Photobucket The truck is for sale locally in NJ -Buyer pays all expenses in shipping- vehicle is sold as is where is- currently liscensed and insured in the state of NJ .
    DSC00278.jpg DSC01908.jpg

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  2. recyclingthepast

recyclingthepast

motivated seller......................

3. gearguywb

gearguywb

Media:
    Albums:
    you might try re submitting your ad in type that can be more easily read.

4. Eporter

Eporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Seriously, nice truck but I have a headache from wading through ALL THOSE CAPS!

5. D'Animal

D'Animal Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    $5,500 seams reasonable since it comes with an extra H41 and tcase with a PTO.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.