craigslist 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser - Olive SF Bay Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
not mine but in contact with seller - 1978 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... $45,000

more pics coming

--------------------------------------------------------

Original 1978 FJ40 with some original paint, many new OEM part updates (cooling system, dash pad, front bumper, lights, etc. etc.). Complete OME suspension with BFG, 33 x 10.50 KM2, Mud-Terrain tires. NOT a "frame-off restoration" but all original with solid, steel body repairs, original 2F engine (never rebuilt) and 112,700 original miles. Passes California smog with all original/complete emissions equipment in place.

I bought this truck in Napa County in 2008. More or less a barn find, had been stored a long time, running but with no brake pressure, some floor corrosion, toasted rear sill and overheating. Completely replaced the cooling system first, rebuilt the carburetor and fixed the brakes. Updated a few OEM missing emissions parts and passed CA smog. All new OEM replacement light housings and reflectors, etc. Other things like a new OEM muffler. From there began a "rolling restoration" of steel replacement and body repair. Rust repair on rocker panels, new sill fabricated utilizing the original and inner fender repair. Floor, bed repair and a few new OEM body mounts where required Complete knuckle rebuild a year or so back. Most recently replaced the timing cover and block end-plate gaskets - truck hardly leaks any oil.

A solid truck with some honest steel/weld repair, no bondo, original hardware and still has original factory undercoating in many areas. Some original paint. Driver's seat is worn, passenger seat in in pretty good shape. Rear jump seats show wear/age but are original to the truck. Seat belts are original and worn.

00l0l_vDgm3SonSk_0uY0kt_1200x900.jpg

Gusb here on mud.

Nice guy, helped me out with a few questions on my Olive 78 prior to purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom