Wanted 1978 Purist/Unaltered FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all,

As stated in the title, I'm looking for a purist satisfactory 1978 Fj40 in daily driver condition. This is my favorite year and I'd like to own one as close to factory or unmolested as possible. I've been scouring all of the country on Craigslist, BaT, ebay, you name it.

Hoping to find one in Rustic Green, Smurf Blue, or Dune Beige.

Acceptable/tasteful upgrades would include:
  • A/C
  • Power Steering
  • Lockers
  • Winch
  • Carb upgrade / fuel injection
  • Disc Brakes
  • Rhino lined floor/undercarriage
  • Custom fab tire carrier
Budget is anywhere less than $30k. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks! Interested in this one, will enquire for sure. Looks like some easy things to fix/remove to get it back to stock - chrome bezel, harley davidson flaps, etc.

Let me know if I can go take a look at it for you, I work close by. FWIW chrome bezels did come stock, however ugly they might be (I have one :D)

The flares would be expensive to reverse assuming she's cut. Must be a sub under the front seat. Hopefully he has the original steering wheel.

Yeah I was wondering about that. I sent him a text, waiting for reply and i'll ask some questions.

Hey all,

As stated in the title, I'm looking for a purist satisfactory 1978 Fj40 in daily driver condition. This is my favorite year and I'd like to own one as close to factory or unmolested as possible. I've been scouring all of the country on Craigslist, BaT, ebay, you name it.

Hoping to find one in Rustic Green, Smurf Blue, or Dune Beige.

Acceptable/tasteful upgrades would include:
  • A/C
  • Power Steering
  • Lockers
  • Winch
  • Carb upgrade / fuel injection
  • Disc Brakes
  • Rhino lined floor/undercarriage
  • Custom fab tire carrier
Budget is anywhere less than $30k. Thanks!
DSC_0057.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom