For Sale 1978 fj40 project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the day has come that i have to put my project fj40 for sale, i have been layed off and money is tight,
1978 fj40, 4 speed trans. the orginal 2f motor blew up and i bought a good running 1f off a friend that yanked it for a 350 sbc swap. the motor is on the cherry picker ready to install. included in the sale is:
-new clutch kit with pilot bearing and throw out bearing
- new water pump
- new thermostat and gasket
-new oil pan gasket
- power steering pump, bracket and mini truck steeing box for power steering from jt outfitters
- radaitor has been recored, pressure tested and cleaned
- flywheel has been turned
- bolts and nuts are labeled and in boxes
Body- the body is in decent with no major rust, fenders are junk. frame is solid with ro rust issues. right now the hood s off, core support and grille s off, whole truck will need paint and body work. includes hard top with doors, i will post pics soon, clean title $1750 obo located in columbus ohio would trade for a 80 series landcruiser

Last edited:
1978 fj40 in columbus ohio

more info: radaitor has been recored, pressure tested and cleaned. 2 electronic dizzys, diamond plate corners for rear. looks to me the floors have been reworked and seen very solid. stock trans, tranfer case and axles.

pics.
DSC01591.jpg
DSC01596.jpg
DSC01600.jpg

engine, 1f, strong runner, with 2f alt and brackets, power steering pump mounted, 6 fresh ngk plugs
0512001624[1].jpg

PM sent

1978 fj40 in columbus ohio- make offer

as this point i have no plans of parting out, i am selling as a whole, i am enteraining offers, but must be resaonable for the whole truck and everything that goes with it,if it comes down to parting it out i will, but the right offer willl take a bunch of good stuff home with you. i wanted it to go to a fellow ih8mudder but am going to have put on craiglist soon, thanks:eek:

1978 fj40 in columbus, ohio. last call $1500

last call $1500. if it does not sell for this, it is getting parted out, come and get it

I'm still interested in the PS setup if it gets parted.

I am interested in the truck im only a couple hrs away give me a call 574-242-8048

thasnks

last call 1300 takes it all, someone buy this and part it out, put it back together, i want it gone, bring a trailer and come and get it, i am firm on the 1300 bucks

PM'd you on your other post. Still want the PS now that you are parting it.

This looks like a fun project. Bump for fun in Ohio!! If I only had someplace to put it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom