Trade 1978 FJ40 for Sale or Trade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1978 FJ40 for Sale or Trade

The first two pics are how it looks now for summer. I have the hard top stored in my garage.

Specs:

New 350 crate motor (last pic) was installed in december. I am looking for the exact specs on the motor but it has scorpion roller rockers, comp cam push rods, scat crank, all clevite bearings, machined aluminum valve covers, edelbrock 2102 performer rv cam, polished performer intake, mild porting on GM heads, new edelbrock carb. It has now 2,000 miles on it. The truck overall has about 130k. I have used it as my daily driver for the last year and before that it was just my toy. I have a new baby and it's not practical right now. I need something with 4 doors and AC living in las vegas it gets hot.

I am really looking to TRADE or SELL this FJ40. In reality it's worth what someone will pay for it...but I think this truck is worth between $8,000 on the low side and $12,500 on the high. I am looking for 95-05 4 runner or FJ80, FJ60. Hopefully with less than 120k miles. Let me know what you have or make me an offer.

THE GOOD ::

Painted in 04 freborn red.

4" lift

Freshly sandblasted/painted - Stock wheels with BFG AT's 33/10.5x15.

Taurus electric fan.

Advance adapters twin stick xfercase shifters.

Muncie SM465 tranny. Rebuilt in 07

Stock xfer case.

PRP racing driver and passenger seats / I have both jump seats.

Stock front disc brakes / rear disc brake conversion

Power steering conversion

New hella 65 watt headlights.

Dura liner on interior fj bed

Drive lines matched to lift.

THE BAD ::

Crack in windshield - I have new oem rubber surround for new glass.

Needs Headliner

There is some play in the steering shaft. Could use a replacement slip joint.

Tranny leaks between the xfer case adapter and tranny. I think I did not use enough gasket maker. FAIL :(

In the third picture you can see the driver side rear fender pushed in. I have pulled it out and repaired it. It just need some paint and it will be good as new.

Call Sean with questions. 702-332-8845

Pics at 1978 FJ40 for Sale or Trade

DSC_0251.JPG

Last edited:
Bring it to Texas and I'll swap you my orange fj60 Truggy :)

are you located in L Vegas or Penn?

Nice truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom