For Sale 1976 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - 7500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0914.JPG
IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_0936.JPG
IMG_0942.JPG

$7000.00

Selling my beloved FJ40. As you can see, she has comparatively little rust for 40s her age. She runs, drives, and is titled and registered for road use, though admittedly she gives you that "I'm-taking-my-life-into-my-own-hands" feeling at highway speeds.

Off-road, though, she's a beast!!!.

Stock engine w/headers, 4sp. Transmission, and 3sp. Tcase. Usual leaks, but runs strong. I've ran her about 5000 miles since I got her running again, and haven't had to refill coolant or oil, yet.

Saginaw style power steering w/new pump, gear box, hoses and super duty steering linkage.

Axles have been rebuilt, and the front diff. is the beloved fine spline pinion out of a 78. I have the rear 78 diff as well, but haven't installed it yet. She's double locked (lockrites) but I still have the front spider gears for those don't like a front locker. she does need a front pinion seal, which I have, but not installed.

Spring over axle conversion with almost new 35/12.50/r15 MTs on stealies.

Frame and tub is solid.

Brake pads, shoes, calipers, and roters replaced or rebuilt w/in 5000 mi. Drums turned.

Lights and gauges work (although the speedometer is off by about 10mph@ highway speeds).

Mechanically, the only issue I know about is a vibration @ 25-35mph in the rear end. I suspect a new drive shaft or new u-joints are needed. She's also got an exhaust leak between the headers and the muffler.

She still needs a lot of body work, but not as much as a lot of them this old. I have new rear ¼ panels, but they aren't installed. Picture shows a rear tool box, but I have a rear bench seat and seat belts to go with it.

Located in Peoria, IL

Last edited:
Bump

View attachment 1365590 View attachment 1365591 View attachment 1365592 View attachment 1365593
$7500.00

Selling my beloved FJ40. As you can see, she has comparatively little rust for 40s her age. She runs, drives, and is titled and registered for road use, though admittedly she gives you that "I'm-taking-my-life-into-my-own-hands" feeling at highway speeds.

Stock engine w/headers, 4sp. Transmission, and 3sp. Tcase. Usual leaks, but runs strong. I've ran her about 5000 miles since I got her running again, and haven't had to refill coolant or oil, yet.

Saginaw style power steering w/new pump, gear box, hoses and super duty steering linkage.

Axles have been rebuilt, and the front diff. is the beloved fine spline pinion out of a 78. I have the rear 78 diff as well, but haven't installed it yet. She's double locked (lockrites) but I still have the front spider gears for those don't like a front locker. she does need a front pinion seal, which I have, but not installed.

Frame and tub is solid.

Brake pads, shoes, calipers, and roters replaced or rebuilt w/in 5000 mi. Drums turned.

Lights and gauges work (although the speedometer is off by about 10mph@ highway speeds).

Mechanically, the only issue I know about is a vibration @ 25-35mph in the rear end. I suspect a new drive shaft or new u-joints are needed. She's also got an exhaust leak between the headers and the muffler.

She still needs a lot of body work, but not as much as a lot of them this old. I have new rear ¼ panels, but they aren't installed. Picture shows a rear tool box, but I have a rear bench seat and seat belts to go with it.

Located in Peoria, IL

View attachment 1365590 View attachment 1365591 View attachment 1365592 View attachment 1365593
$7000.00

Frame and tub is solid.

Located in Peoria, IL

PRICE REDUCED!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom