For Sale 1975 FJ40, Original, Colorado Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is this 1975 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. While it may have that "petina" or "weathered" look to it, this 75' is in excellent mechanical condition and is more than halfway through the restoration process. The owner was working to restore it when they found a 71' FJ40 and decided to restore it instead of this 75'.

$7,850

See 100+ high res pictures here:
http://redlinelandcruisers.com/2015/04/for-sale-1975-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-7850/

Questions? Contact Chris at (970) 227-9494 or email him at chrissigfrids@gmail.com

The FJ was purchased in 2013 after having been in a barn for 15-20 years in Del Norte, Colorado. There was a V8 engine installed, which was removed and replaced with a period-specific 1977 2F Toyota FJ40 engine, t-case, and transmission. The complete engine, t-case and transmission was pulled from project "Dog's Bollocks" in good running order (it was removed to make way for a V8 conversion, which was installed into Dog's Bollocks by Red Line Land Cruisers). The engine runs perfect, the transmission shifts smoothly, as does the t-case/4x4.

Here is the list of what has been done on this restoration to date:

• All fluids changed
  • New aluminum radiator
  • New beltsNew tie rod ends (all 5)
  • New alternator
  • New aftermarket Trollhole carb (original Aisin carb comes with the truck)
  • Desmogged (all smog equipment comes with the truck)
  • New plugs, wires, rotor cap
  • New fuel pump and fuel filter
  • New NOS OEM side marker lights (in rear)
  • New NOS OEM brake /turn / reverse light housing and covers
  • Rear bumper painted black
  • Front drum axle swapped for an axle with disc brakes off a 77' FJ40
  • Front axle removed and completely rebuilt by Red Line Land Cruisers
  • New brake master cylinder
  • New rotors, pads
  • New greaseable pins
  • New Warn Locking Hub Cap sticker
  • New voltage regulator
  • NOS FJ40 "trouble light" (includes a nice little zippered pouch for keeping it safe
  • Rear drums turned, new wheel cylinders, new drum shoes/springs
  • New shocks
  • Newer set of white rims/wheels in excellent condition - tires mounted and balanced 100 miles ago with new valve stems added
  • NOS OEM steering clam shell (part that covers the steering wheel inside the FJ)
  • 31 x 10.5 x r15 tires with 80% tread life left
  • New dash cap
  • Mint OEM AM Fujitsu Ten Radio located and installed (these are super rare in this condition) and hooked up to the factory speaker in the glove box which is original to the FJ40
  • New radio antenna installed in factory location
  • An OEM Toyota front floor mat was located in good condition (only a couple minor tears, but no holes by the feet) and added
  • An OEM Toyota rear floor mat was located in excellent condition with no tears or holes and added
  • Includes factory rear heater, which works great
  • Wipers, lights, blinkers, hazards, brights, front heater fan, radio, and dome light all work. Currently needs a wiper washer fluid bottle (about $30)
  • Frame cleaned and painted black
  • Brand new muffler installed to OEM specs and location
  • New vacuum hose line
  • Includes a Best Top bikini top
  • Front bucket seats pulled. All framing was cleaned, sanded and painted black. New OEM foam on bottom of driver's seat added. New upholstery for both front seats.
  • Includes original bottle jack and jack rods, which have been bead blasted, primed, and painted. Comes with extra yellow paint for touch ups.
Tons more info below the pics...

IMG_8113.jpg

IMG_8116.jpg

IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8119.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

IMG_8129.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8162.jpg

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

IMG_8189.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8199.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_8202.jpg

IMG_8228.jpg

Here is what stands out about this Cruiser and makes it a good candidate for completing the restoration

• Everything is factory and original. From the seat belts, to the seats, to the hard top, roll bar, and mats.
  • The parts needed to finish out the restoration can easily be acquired, most parts are available from Toyota
  • The rust is minimal. I know the tub is banged up, but if you take that out of the equation (because most FJ40s need a tub anyway) the floor boards, aprons, hard top sides, hood, doors, and everything else outside of the tub is pretty much rust-free. That's because it's a Colorado FJ, as Colorado is an arid climate. The right rear ambulance door bottom does have some typical rust in the bottom and I'd recommend either cutting it out and using one of the steel patches, or locating a better ambulance door.
  • It's running great. The focus now is on the body and paint and finishing touches.
  • Original paint (including that 70s vintage orange and brown striping)
  • Clear Colorado title
  • VIN @ FJ40199105
The FJ runs great and has been a daily driver the past four weeks. You can enjoy it as-is, or continue on with the restoration. If you wish to continue on with the restoration process, here is the bulk of what it will need:

• Steering wheel not lined up straight. Easy fix. (I will have this fixed before turning over to the new owner)
  • Front driveshaft not installed (I have one and it will be installed before turning over to the new owner)
  • Speedo was working up until 200 miles ago and then it stopped. Probably just needs a new one ($30)
  • Temp gauge not working (tested several times to make sure it's not over heating with a temp gun). ($50)
  • Factory jump seats in back are solid but need new foam and upholstery (roughly $400)
  • Tub has moderate rust and is in fair condition. Recommend replacing rear quarter panels and sills or doing a 3/4 Aqualu Aluminum tub replacement. The frame is rust-free. Just the tub has some rust ($4,000 for an Aqualu tub or about $1000-ish for both quarter panels and sill)
  • Replace front fenders ($375 for the pair)
  • Paint job (between $1,000 and $6,000 depending on how you go about it)
  • Decals / badges / front turn signals / hood latches / etc ($300-500 for NOS parts from Toyota)
  • New front windshield ($150)
  • Headliner ($150)
  • It has a few drips from the usual places. Mainly from the rear main seal, which is typical. I usually only replace these when I'm doing the clutch as it's a $5 part but hundreds in labor.
  • Quick note about the gray spraypaint...the previous owner did a bit of work on the Cruiser before selling it. He mitigated some surafce rust areas and then hit it with that paint. It adds to the weathered look I guess, but thought I'd explain it anyway in case you're wondering what's going on there. He was quite liberal with that paint and he didn't need to be.
This FJ40 is located in Monument, Colorado and is available for a test drive. Shipping can be arranged at the buyer's expense and I have access to a good quality shipper who is quick and has very good rates. The closer you are to a big city, the better the rates tend to be.

Questions? Contact Chris at (970) 227-9494 or email him at chrissigfrids@gmail.com

Sold?

Well out of my range, but GLWS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom