For Sale 1975 BJ40 -- 'the duck' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Howdy mud,

It's time to move on and see this great vehicle off to a new owner. It's been about 10 years since I picked this beauty up in Costa Rica and drove it home to the US. It's been a project for me and my father since. So, on to the fun stuff!

It's got a 13B-T/H55 (5 Speed). You can hit highway speeds in the US finally. You're welcome. No EPA bull****, it's exempt here because of the vehicles age when I imported it.

You can stop now with 4 wheel disc brakes and power steering. Aussie locked rear. Warn 24v winch. I've got a laundry list of other work, but that nails down the important stuff. My dad is a gung-ho marine and he did the body & paint and tires & wheels.

I'd be happy to provide any additional info about the build if you're interested. I'll also be able to provide more detailed pics. I could write a book about all the crazy places this very special Land Cruiser has been. It's for sale locally, and it's a head turner, but she ain't no pristine beauty queen!! Mud price is 13,500. Please don't let a local take it!! I'd hate to see it around here. o_O

:beer::cheers:
20190826_173549.jpg

Well, I'm off to go get the 80 shaped up. Thanks for looking!!

Tell your dad he did a nice job with the body and paint. Also tell your dad thanks for his service in the Marines. Best of luck getting the most on the sale.

Now that is a unique paint job. Pretty cool rig. You should post up way more photos here of interior, engine, and rust areas.

You should rename this Cruiser ‘El Pato’, since she originated in Costa Rica.lol
Unbelievable that you drove this cruiser from Costa Rica to the US/New York? What a long ride. These fj40’s ride like tractors & suck fuel. At least you were running diesel.

Last edited:
You should rename this Cruiser ‘El Pato’, since she originated in Costa Rica.lol
Unbelievable that you drove this cruiser from Costa Rica to the US/New York? What a long ride. These fj40’s ride like tractors & suck fuel like thirsty prostitute on a mission.
Yeah, I was young and stupid! Saved some dough on fuel costs being a diesel, but those damn speedbumps throughout Central America can be a real PITA. The border crossings were always exciting and scary. You knew you were going to get shook down, the question was how much?

I’m interested. Can you text me and we can see where you in NY and discuss a meet up. (I’m in pa) 610-316-3909

Howdy mud,

It's time to move on and see this great vehicle off to a new owner. It's been about 10 years since I picked this beauty up in Costa Rica and drove it home to the US. It's been a project for me and my father since. So, on to the fun stuff!

It's got a 13B-T/H55 (5 Speed). You can hit highway speeds in the US finally. You're welcome. No EPA bulls***, it's exempt here because of the vehicles age when I imported it.

You can stop now with 4 wheel disc brakes and power steering. Aussie locked rear. Warn 24v winch. I've got a laundry list of other work, but that nails down the important stuff. My dad is a gung-ho marine and he did the body & paint and tires & wheels.

I'd be happy to provide any additional info about the build if you're interested. I'll also be able to provide more detailed pics. I could write a book about all the crazy places this very special Land Cruiser has been. It's for sale locally, and it's a head turner, but she ain't no pristine beauty queen!! Mud price is 13,500. Please don't let a local take it!! I'd hate to see it around here. o_O

:beer::cheers:
View attachment 2068387
Well, I'm off to go get the 80 shaped up. Thanks for looking!!
Hello, did you end up selling this or is it still available?

I’m interested. Can you text me and we can see where you in NY and discuss a meet up. (I’m in pa) 610-316-3909
Hey Asaszn. Did you end up buying the 40? Do you mind if I contact you about your thoughts on this particular one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom