Wanted 1974-up. Fj40, 4 speed, front discs, fairly stock, clean driver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Folks,
I know... another wanted Fj40 thread...

My best bud on the east coast is looking for a nice driver. I have been looking but not having success.
Key wants are: great mechanically
Clean presentable paint
Four speed
Front discs
Can have slight lift

He isn’t looking for perfect. Just clean, good running cruiser. Not a daily driver. Just weekend car. He isn’t going to wrench on it. Just enjoy it and have his mechanic friend fix things when needed.
Have cash in hand. 15-20is target but may go higher if the right cruiser comes up.
He lives in Garden City Long Island. But if close to Chicago, it can come here and then I can go through it and trailer it his way.
Let me know what you may have or if you now of a good one.
Thanks for any leads.
Goebs

This one meets all of his criteria and is under budget and is the one i would be after. Shipping for west coast to east +/-1500?

Great links. I knew of the green one. The patina wasn’t his thing but today he said it looked alright. Will talk with him this weekend and look at links closer.
Thanks guys and keep them coming.
Much appreciated!!

Been talking to the owner of the red one. Great guy. He is working with a guy ahead of me. If he passes then we will try and grab that one up.
overton,
Your cruiser is fantastic. My bud thinks it’s too nice for what he plans to do with it.
Dig it he green one but not the cut fenders, sides, and rear wheel wells. May circle back on it if we can’t find another one soon.
Any other links guys?
Thanks so much for any help.
Goebs

Am I allowed to suggest my own for sale?

We looked at the blue one.
The red one out in Colorado looks pretty nice. That’s a front runner if the one from Oregon doesn’t pan out.
Thank you guys!

I have a mostly restored 1978 FJ-40 in Florida $25,000

IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

Any engine and underside shots?

Any chance the 73 has a four speed trans?

Folks,

My best bud on the east coast is looking for a nice driver. I have been looking but not having success.
Clean presentable paint
Four speed
Front discs
Can have slight lift

He isn’t looking for perfect. Just clean, good running cruiser. Not a daily driver. Just weekend car. He isn’t going to wrench on it. Just enjoy it and have his mechanic friend fix things when needed.
Have cash in hand. 15-20is target but may go higher if the right cruiser comes up.
He lives in Garden City Long Island. But if close to Chicago, it can come here and then I can go through it and trailer it his way.
Thanks for any leads.
Goebs
I may have a solid option for him

Folks,

Clean presentable paint
Four speed
Front discs
Can have slight lift

Thanks for any leads.
Goebs
I have this two babys 1971 grey one is a v8 automatic 3 speed 4x2 $27500

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 12.13.17 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 12.13.24 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 12.13.32 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 12.13.40 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 12.13.49 PM.jpeg

Folks,

Clean presentable paint
Four speed
Front discs
Can have slight lift

Thanks for any leads.
Goebs
Goebs -
I may have the very clean FJ40 that your friend on the East coast might have an interest in. I am the second owner of a 1979 white, rust free, unmolested, all original, always garaged, every-day driver, FJ40 vehicle that I have been thinking seriously of selling. I know the value of clean FJ40 vehicles, and and very fair value for what I have would be in the neighborhood of 25 -$30k. If this is of interest to you than let me know, and I will send pics of the vehicle and we can talk from there.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom