For Sale 1974 Jeep CJ5 in Sacramento, CA - USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_6207.JPG
IMG_6208.JPG
IMG_6211.JPG
IMG_6219.JPG
1974 Stock CJ5 - Bought in 2011 as a project, became daily driver, no off-roading.
Flushed/replaced all fluids in 2011, repacked all front wheel bearings and seals, replaced spring bushings. In 2014, replaced alternator, fuel pump and tank; spark plugs, wires, and distributer cap. New 33x10.5 BFGs. Have all these receipts.
Rack is clamped on, not bolted through the top. Some surface rust. Have extra parts - front grill, dashboard, and bikini top. All will be included (plus other miscellaneous minor parts that we find before the sale).
Obvious issues - Neither the speedometer nor the gas gauge work (thus the jerry can - included w/purchase). There seems to be some electrical issues with the lights (running/high/low), blinkers work fine. The controls for the cab fan are loose. I'm assuming that the engine has been rebuilt, the odometer indicates 79 miles; however, I have no idea when that occurred. Runs strong.
Son was born in 2014, Jeep was parked in the garage. Time to sell! $8,500. Please come look at it and drive it before asking a ton of questions - serious inquiries only, please. Thank you.

IMG_6222.JPG

8500 for a 44 year old vehicle on a national/international forum and don't ask me any questions?

I think you may have wandered in to the wrong place.

I love old jeeps and wish you luck with it but you may have a better chance of success with more local or vehicle specific advertising.

8500 for a 44 year old vehicle on a national/international forum and don't ask me any questions?

I think you may have wandered in to the wrong place.

I love old jeeps and wish you luck with it but you may have a better chance of success with more local or vehicle specific advertising.

Hello! My apologies if I'm in the wrong place; I was told by a Jeep-enthusiast friend that this would be the best place to post it. I didn't mean NO questions, I just can't answer most of the technical questions. I'm posting it for a friend who has stage 4 brain cancer and cannot remember much about it - most days he doesn't remember he owns it - so I thought I would try. I also posted it locally on Craigslist, so I can certainly remove it from here if this isn't the right forum. Thank you -

Hello! My apologies if I'm in the wrong place; I was told by a Jeep-enthusiast friend that this would be the best place to post it. I didn't mean NO questions, I just can't answer most of the technical questions. I'm posting it for a friend who has stage 4 brain cancer and cannot remember much about it - most days he doesn't remember he owns it - so I thought I would try. I also posted it locally on Craigslist, so I can certainly remove it from here if this isn't the right forum. Thank you -

You will find an audience here but questions and answers are kind of a must with old vehicles. There is no harm in posting it here, it's an open forum after all, but unless you can figure out the answers to some basic technical details it may not help you move it.

You could always see if there is a reliable service near by that would give you an honest pre-purchase inspection that would shed light on what most here will seek in terms of details. That is usually fairly inexpensive and would give you access to all those people who might be interested but are not local enough to come and look at it.

It would also help significantly if all of the for sale details lined up. Posting initially making it seem like yours and now saying selling for a friend will raise a lot of red flags. It may be an innocent enough mistake but respectfully we don't know you as you just joined yesterday.

If as you say, you are selling it for a friend with serious health problems, I commend your efforts on his behalf and certainly hope those efforts are rewarded.

This is great advice Erse, I sincerely appreciate it. I went back and forth mentally if adding the note about selling it on behalf of a sick friend would be good or bad, but considering I punted it out there on the first reply I agree I should have just said it in the first place. Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom