craigslist 1974 FJ40 in Boise Craigslist (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CL listing says it's a 74 model, but the wipers are on the bottom of windshield. Wouldn't that be a 75 or were there some late 74s that had the wipers down low? Other items on the truck indicate it's a 74 (4 speed transmission, rectangular tail lights, roll bar, vent window doors, still has 3-piece rear doors).

I've seen this truck posted for sale before. Granted there are no pictures of engine bay or frame, from what pictures are provided, it looks like everything is there and the truck looks pretty good. Maybe some bodywork in the rear quarter panels and rear seal was done. They indicate that everything works and it seems to be a pretty fair price. Just wondering what I am not seeing that you all do?

truck looks pretty good.
That's it, ... haven't and won't go look unless someone here has an interest. Just a courtesy, as I have enough 40s in my stable already.

Rear floor appears to have been replaced with a "generic" material. I do not believe the stamping is "correct" for any year, likely salvaged from an alternative source. Rear sill may also be fabricated from alternative materials. Hard to tell exactly how much other metal was replaced. The claim of "no signs of major body work" is obviously subjective.
Screw heads on windshield-frame hinges are rusty and "buggered", looks to have been replaced.
Obvious respray of rear corners, tailgate and tire carrier.
Not trying to undermine the truck/sale, I think it has a great look.
Shame about the floor as the parts are available and not costly.
I feel prospective buyers deserve to be made aware of this work and the materials used. I would be disappointed to discover this post-purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom