For Sale 1973 FJ40 Project - Granbury - DFW Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Needing to make room in the warehouse and this project is in the way. I didn't intend to get in to the LC restoration business but my warehouse sure looks like it. I have a VERY nice FJ62 for sale in the classified here too.

-----------

1973 FJ40 with probably one of the cleanest tubs I've ever seen. The story is that a previous owner was almost finished with a frame up restoration, he died before completing it, the next owner had it stored for a few years, not sure how much time had passed in total.

The paint was not done properly but the tub is super clean, under side is incredibly clean, no rust patches evident and there was no undercoating yet so it's easy to see. Engine and drivetrain looks like it was gone through but we have not started it yet.

We started stripping it back down to repaint. Pulled the fuel tank and had it hot tanked and pressure tested, ready to coat the outside. All new fittings, sending unit, gas tank door lock and keys and hoses purchased. Pulled much of the underhood items, air cleaner assembly, battery tray, some brackets, etc, blasted and powder coated. Installed new spark plugs. Fresh oil, filter, coolant, etc ready to be added. New battery. New ignition lock and keys (not installed yet).

Very nice set of seats, front is in great shape, wouldn't hurt to paint the metal. Rear wide jump seats frames are great, need padding/covers.

Original soft top rig, has most of the bows but bought a few missing items from Real Steel so they are complete. New tan soft top from TrollHole along with material for doors and all new hardware. Doors have small amount of corrosion, easy fixes. Windshield frame is good, needs glass.

Hood was rough for some reason (abused in storage I think), I have another here that is very straight and clean. I have a good grille bezel. Front fender look good, has a coat of skim but once removed the metal looks good, underside looks perfect with no undercoat yet so not sure why the skim... lazy is my guess.

I have a good used replacement gauge cluster.

I have a good used, correct passenger side spare carrier with all hinges and clasps.

Front bumper is ugly, was going to install one of our new FJ40 bumpers once they are in production.

Has FJ60 wheels/tires for rollers but I have a brand new set (5) of Toyota steel wheels with new hub caps.

I have a new ProComp 2.5" lift springs and shocks.

Brakes are sticky from sitting.

This 40 will make a superb restoration. Has the correct (maybe original) 1F/3pd/tcase. Has not been cut on or modified.

No, I do not want to part out, all or nothing. Can help facilitate shipping. I do not have a title but do have VIN tags and bill of sale. Previous owner bill of sale as well.

Basically it needs a windshield, tires and paint and I'm sure some other small items, dash switches or something. All the wiring is there and in good shape, plug and play.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, can provide any photos you want. Super clean tubs go for $5k + by themselves so I'm thinking that $10,500 is a fair deal. Yeah, I know I'd get more if it was running/driving and much much more if finished but we are busy, out of space and out of time.

$10,500 FIRM cash or wire as is where is.

Quick and dirty breakdown of new/additional parts/cost since we purchased it:

Wheels/hub caps: $570
TrollHole top/door material/hardware: $1200
New soft top bows/uprights: $500
Suspension/shocks: $600
Fuel tank vat/hardware/hoses: $350
Seats: $500
Keys/locks: $150
Misc (oil/filters/coolant/plugs/etc): $250
Rear spare carrier assembly: $150
Powder coating parts: $250
Hood: $100