For Sale 1973 FJ40 - $10,500 / Bayfield, CO / all original. Rusty body but solid frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
1973 FJ40.

All original, runs well with lots of power. Body is rusty, but frame an crossmembers are solid. Original well maintained engine and 3 speed floor shift drive train.
Located in sw colorado.
Currently my daily driver, selling to fund purchase of another project.

720-975- 3767

20221126_094333.jpg

20221126_094342.jpg

20221126_094349.jpg

20221130_164944.jpg

20221130_164950.jpg

Hey Christian- looks like you couldn't bear to sell the mint one, eh? :)

Another southwestern beauty! Where do you find these things?

Hey Christian- looks like you couldn't bear to sell the mint one, eh? 

Another southwestern beauty! Where do you find these this?

Hey Christian- looks like you couldn't bear to sell the mint one, eh? 

Funny story.. we sold it, and ended up buying it back!

Another southwestern beauty! Where do you find these things?

In your opinion would this make an ideal first cruiser for someone looking to get into them? I’m trying to gain as much info as possible and wanted to see how much you think it would take to bring this one up to snuff after the purchase. I live in Florida and have roughly 25k to make one into my dream truck.

IMO - getting an unmolested original rig - where everything is still there is a major benefit - ask me how i know! they all need work but chasing down missing / hacked up parts will consume more time and money than you realize.
if 'dream truck' means everything is resto-mod then it doesnt matter i suppose and i think we all hate to see original survivors fall to bolt on mania

IMO - getting an unmolested original rig - where everything is still there is a major benefit - ask me how i know! they all need work but chasing down missing / hacked up parts will consume more time and money than you realize.
if 'dream truck' means everything is resto-mod then it doesnt matter i suppose and i think we all hate to see original survivors fall to bolt on mania
Appreciate the response. Dream truck to me just means a well running mostly original example the way Toyota intended it to be. As close to factory as it can get. That’s what I’m after. I like patina and worn out looking 40’s that will run like a top. This will be my second vehicle so I’m hoping I can have some fun with it at the beach and it not leave me stranded. I’m just looking for a solid starting point where I can learn to work on the rig and also have a solid foundation to bring back to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom