For Sale 1972 FJ40 - California - Super Clean (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1972 FJ40/FJ 40 Toyota Landcruiser

I am regrettably selling my 1972 FJ40 Toyota Landcruiser. There is nothing wrong with this truck outside of a few minor tasks that need to be completed to have this FJ fully put back together.
FYI – 1972 mean no smog needed!

Asking $28,500

More pics are listed here: 1972 Toyota FJ40 Landcruiser

I am selling it mainly due to the need for more space in the garage and unforeseen expenses. There are less than 300 miles on the odometer, but realistically the vehicle has around 300-500 miles on it since major rebuild.

This is a gorgeous resto mod that has been a work in progress from myself and the previous owner for the past 13 years. I have all records, paper work, and even pictures of the build while it was frame off. I can’t go anywhere without someone stopping to ask me about it.

While the FJ has a fully painted top and doors, I have never had them on since I purchased it. The last few pictures show the FJ with the top and doors on. Note, metal doors will need to be re-assembled and I have all parts. Please see below.

I drive this as much as I can during the summer, and outside of a dead battery and needing to replace one brake caliper, I have had zero issues. Valley Hybrids in Stockton has done any mechanical/maintenance work needed on the vehicle, and are one of the best Landcruiser shops in the nation is you are not familiar. Anytime the rig needed to go in for work I trailered it to Georg vs. putting extra miles on it.

This is truly a beautiful and fun to drive FJ in amazing shape. If you are, or have been in the market for an FJ you will understand when you see it in person.

While I do want to sell this, I am in no rush, so please only reach out only if you are serious. I have the pink slip in hand and test drives will only be granted with proof of funds and driven by me.

Quick notes on the vehicle

• Ground up re-build
  • Chevy 350 V-8 with Approx. 300 miles
  • 700R4 HD Transmission, 4 speed automatic w/ Overdrive
  • Grant Steering wheel
  • Mickey Thompson Wheels, 15 x 10
  • 33 x 12.50 BF Goodrich KO AT tires
  • Flowmaster Exhaust
  • Fully painted top with all glass, seals, and headliner
  • 4 wheel disc brakes
  • Warn front hubs
  • Toyota transfer case
  • Power steering conversion
  • Bestop fabric half doors
  • Bestop folding rear seat
  • New Optima red top battery with electrical cut off key
  • Tuffy locking center console w/extra key and cup holders
  • Ion road warrior, Bluetooth speaker and subwoofer set up
  • All wiring has been gone through, loomed and covered
  • Adjustable and custom painted steering column
  • Custom built and powder coated roll cage
  • Working 4 wheel drive
  • Winch
  • Fully powder coated frame, front/rear ends, and bumpers
  • Large GM aluminum radiator with automatic fan
  • Tons of chrome engine parts (too many to list)
  • Edelbrock carburetor and manifold, recently tuned
All work since I have owned the FJ have been performed at Valley Hybrids and WFO concepts

Work left to do
-Metal doors need assembly. Door and frames are painted to match the truck, but need to be put back together. I have all new seals, felt, weather stripping, and glass, etc.. Should be less than a 1 day project to do, just have not had the time

-Glovebox door needs to be painted or powder coated and reinstalled. Have factor 4wd diagram plate for glovebox as well

-Wipers and wiper motor need to be installed

-4 wheel drive low will need a custom bracket/set up to engage, 4H works well

-Winch is included, but needs to be rewound. I have not attempted to use the winch since purchasing the vehicle, but was told it is in working order.

ITS NOT A JEEP!

IMG_0216 copy 2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom