Parting Out 1971 fj40 pa (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1971 fj40
53000 miles rusted away a few items still available most everything is going for scrap soon .
engine was last running about 5 or so years ago i used it to haul firewood around until the water pump seal blew so i parked it . i have a better hood from a 71 the camo one is from a 76 and dented on the nose .
wiring vsc and carb is gone

brake booster was taken apart to check condition for a guy the diaphragm is good and boxed up ready to go so the booster / engine bay pic was older.

IMG_20170205_191401.jpg

IMG_20170205_192117.jpg

KIMG0983.jpeg

KIMG0978.jpeg

KIMG0984.jpeg

true but the last time this was on the road was 85 i have had it for 20 had i known what i had 20 years ago i would have tried to save it then .

pulled everything off that was dead weight at the time so i could flat tow it with a 90 v6 this is how i got it . really stupid pulled everything and scraped it . it even had an original tool kit

IMG_20170205_195725560_TOP.jpg

:meh: I wouldn't worry about it, there are some bits on there that people can use for sure. It's just tough to see a 40 in such wasted shape that was recently moving under its own power....

i really don't know i have not been under this thing in years . The front section was modified and a receiver added . i just brought this home this morning it was at my paps farm i have been selling parts off it for a year or so . i can look tomorrow i will be pulling what left of that tub in a few weeks

Interested in the front turn signals if they are available.
Thanks,
Will

I'm assuming that the frame is too far gone

was a super nice day so i removed the tub . the rear section of the frame is bent up from pulling stuff and the rear braces are rusted and you can see where i put a patch one time near the shackle . i forgot about that . i did notice some of the inner web where the frame turns up toward the rear axle is slightly rusted but not terrible . i don't know what yours looks like but this one could be used with some work .

IMG_20170206_170703643.jpg

a few better current engine bay pics

starter / fuel pump / steering wheel are spoken for

IMG_20170206_154638653.jpg

IMG_20170206_154646770.jpg

IMG_20170206_154751380.jpg

How is the exhaust pipe flange that bolts the head pipe to the exhaust manifold? If usable, how much to 79925?

i will have to check if its not raining i will be pulling other parts tonight

There is a guy waiting on those parts i haven't go to them yet . if he doesn't take them i will get back to you j

Thanks for the starter and fuel pump. Just wanna say launchit was great to deal with and shipped right away.

Great easy transaction!

where is this at .if not scrapped i would be interseted in whats left .frame tub engine to build a mud truck thaanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom